Can anyone see any differences in the update 1.2.66

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by rory, Apr 27, 2024.

1. Inti

Inti Active Member

Ok i must be the unlucky one but thanks for the info I was thinking about making a factory reset but I am afraid to make a paper whigt of it

2. surr3a1

surr3a1 Member

Was about to suggest the same thing or just try to apply the same update again. I can for sure say that with this version everything is faster when using connect stream. Every command appears to be instant while before on 1.2.50 there was a slight delay when using any of the Spotify/Tidal apps from my PC.

3. Inti

Inti Active Member

I have tried to install the same update again but no luck

4. Inti

Inti Active Member

I wonder if factory reset is wiping the firmware too I don’t want do it for nothing I want to be able to install firmware 1.2.50 version if possible

5. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

IIRC there is a procedure, it is described on the Eversolo site. It requires booting the device while pressing the reset (recessed) button in the back of the unit.
    Whether this automatically loads (and flashes) a new firmware found on an external USB stick, or opens a "maintenance" menu on the Eversolo I cannot tell; but as I said, should be the way to go.
    Cannot help you more, sorry.
    HTH

Inti and surr3a1 like this.
  6. Inti

Inti Active Member

Tank you for the info and help appreciate it I don’t know if I have the guts to do it or just wait for the new official firmware update

7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

It's nothing hard or scary to be done. It's there for the repair-shop on every rooted (as the Eversolo is) android-based device that exposes it to the end user.

8. YVES.R

YVES.R New Member

How to Wipe Both Cache and Data under Eversolo Recovery Mode

Attached Files:

9. Inti

Inti Active Member

I don’t think it would help with the firmware problem but tank you

10. Inti

Inti Active Member

I only hope that the new firmware uppdate Will COME SOON!!!

The Moog likes this.
  11. surr3a1

surr3a1 Member

I just checked the device itself and the Internet Radio is gone with 1.2.66. I'm usually using the PC Android Emulator app or the Phone app and the InternetRadio is there. They did something with the radio icon on the device.

Edit: I restarted the PC app and the Internet Radio is now gone but it appears that there are new radio apps added: RadioDroid and OpenRadio... did we have them before?

One thing is clear: they are making changes and this is not a final release version which was obvious. Also the Spotify connection problem is observed again under certain circumstances.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2024
    Inti likes this.
  12. Inti

Inti Active Member

Thanks for reconfirming my lost internet radio app

13. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

I would aks, why it is not possilbe to go back to a further firmware? Many other devices I have in use allow that. So I have allways backed up the files and can play arround. Only Eversolo DMP A 6 does not. Why?

Inti likes this.
  14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

A valid reason is that legal/contractual/agreement changes can be enforced that way.

Would like to see an image recovery as can be done on Zidoo models. This uses the bootloader to re-install a full flash memory operational factory image.

blackie, rory, Inti and 1 other person like this.
  15. rory

rory New Member

@mirror and @Nice Monkey, how do you join the Beta test group?, Always enjoyed doing this for a few devices over the years

16. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

That label is actually very old and comes from the Zidoo products. Did not do any specific testing for A6 and A8 beyond what has been posted by me here. Work with the same FW releases as all of you. The only difference is my Zidoo dialog line and server access for case uploading.

rory likes this.
  17. rory

rory New Member

Very cool!, wouldn't mind getting on the A6 testing, Testing FW is a great platform to not only make sure all is okay without breaking existing features, But to also feedback input for varying ideas