Recommended SSD Drives

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by groglein, May 23, 2023.

1. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

I know that. I was just commenting on the A6 options

Nutul likes this.
  2. I could not copy any more files over samba to the Eversolo. The SSD reportet 1.3 gig used. two days later it shows 530 gig avail, from 1907 GB. Is there any cleaning script in the background? It is NTFS.

3. Digital Dan

Digital Dan New Member

Hi

I just got my A6 today.

I'm not very technical, so I was wondering if this SSD would be suitable for installing my A6.

upload_2024-2-3_18-45-56.png

Cheers

4. FredAloneForEver

FredAloneForEver New Member

It works on my DMP6, formated with NTFS file format

5. Digital Dan

Digital Dan New Member

Thanks!

6. billymac

billymac New Member

Can anybody comment on whether or not moving files to local ssd (versus NAS) improves cover art caching speed when scrolling through music in app?

7. billymac

billymac New Member

Came back to answer my own question in case anybody searches. Cover art is a bit snappier on the A6 itself and while in "Cast", but the iPhone app by itself is still a little slugglish loading cover art. Would be great if they could improve this within the software somehow. Added a Western Digital Black SN770 2TB.

8. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Member

I find the display loads the cover art quickly on the DMP-A6. The one issue is the cover art not showing on my iPhone 13. At times it will only show a generic screen with no cover art or album information. It usually happens when starting a new album. If I use the play, pause or track buttons those work for the album playing though.

This is the only issue I currently have with the DMP-A6. Not a major issue but it would be nice if it was corrected with a FW update.

I'm using a Crucial internal 4TB SSD and so far no issues.

https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-Inte...-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

Last edited: Apr 24, 2024
    billymac likes this.
  9. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Why do you address a FW update when the problem is on your phone? Maybe you meant an app update...

10. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Active Member

I installed the 4TB version of this SSD and formatted it in the DMP-A6 to NTFS. No problems so far. Currently running V1.2.64 firmware.

20240427_07230588.jpg

Gil Fuhrer and Bill Mac like this.
  11. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Member

I'm using the same SSD and it's been working just fine.

Gil Fuhrer likes this.
  12. Gil Fuhrer

Gil Fuhrer Member

That’s my SSD card, except I’m using the 2 TB version.

No issues at all.

Alan Rutlidge and Bill Mac like this.