Home Videos - Create Collection and Posters

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Peacestv, Jan 27, 2024.

1. Peacestv

Peacestv New Member

I am new to the Z9X Pro.
    I came from the Zappiti so the following was not an issue...

How can I create a Category for my personal videos and also posters for each?
    Can this be done in the Z9X or do I need a 3rd party app to accomplish this?

I am using a Synology 923+ NAS.

Thanks in advance...

2. Peacestv

Peacestv New Member

I figured out how to create a new category and I have placed all of my personal videos in that category.

The next question is Posters for each video... ?

3. zid2019

zid2019 Member

Im also interested in if I have the poster.jpg and fanart.jpg file for every custom videos...how can I add them in Home Theater? How can I modify the the descrpiction and title?

4. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

First see if HT will try to match them to some existing movie
    If it does let it be and then go into the web interface to edit the details and save.
    Place the desired poster art and fan art etc in a known location and then in HT select change image select the + sign and then you can navigate to the file you want. Note: at present you can’t do this in the web interface which is a bore and someone should fix it.
    It will then be a process of refinement.

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Probably the most elegant way is to create simple NFO files (Kodi format) for each video and, as you've done, poster and fanart files.

Naming convention is simple:

fileName.mkv (or whatever format you use)
    fileName.nfo
    fileName.poster.jpg
    fileName.fanart.jpg

And then scan with NFO and local art priority set in HT4 preferences.