Is FTP possible?

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by rory, Apr 6, 2024.

1. rory

rory New Member

yes i know there is OTG, but i want to send music over to my internal ssd and my external ssd, but the http addresses are very limited for access.

Plus don't need another physical cable across the room to my PC.

So is FTP possible?, as the ip address and suggested port does not get me into it. @mirror

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

You can use SMB both in Server or Client mode which is a lot more convenient.

rory likes this.
  3. rory

rory New Member

Thank you for that, but unfortunately i know nothing about SMB, I am on windows 11, any recommended guides for a complete beginner?

4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

1. you share the music folder(s) on the evrsolo
    2. you mount a network drive in windows, pointing to the folders now visible on the network, once you type-in either the eversolo name, or its IP address.

rory and Nice Monkey like this.
  5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Yes that is what I do too. Putting the Eversolo in SMB Server mode by just activating it. No UID or PWD used by me as it is a 100% music HDD only.

rory likes this.
  6. rory

rory New Member

I must be doing something wrong!

1. i have no idea on how to share specific folders from the eversolo.
    2. My PC only see's the eversolo as a media device, with these options to view.
    upload_2024-4-6_22-29-43.png

Any advice for a complete noob, as never done anything like this, apart from FTP

Attached Files:

7. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

On the A6 side, just go into Cast mode, Home Screen, Settings, Network. Click on the SMB Server item, you will see the SMB settings for the A6. The top on/off switch should be ON to enable the SMB sharing, you can leave the rest of the settings alone. Note the name of the default share DMP_SAMBA and that it is normally password un- protected. So that is the A6 side.

On a Win 10 PC, go to File Explorer. You should see the main navigation pane on the left, it should have a section called Network. If you can't see it you may have changed the View options, check at the top area of the File Explorer to get this main navigation pane restored. If you click on Network, you should see DMP_SAMBA listed, click on it you get a Share which when you click on that will list the available drives on your A6. One of these will be the standard inbuilt system storage, another will be any installed SSD etc. If you don't see the DMP_SAMBA listed, then you can try typing the IP Address of the A6 into the File Explorer search bar, note not a main browser window, using the syntax shown on the A6 SMB Server page that is \\IP Address. This should find the A6 and list correctly under Network devices.

rory likes this.
  8. rory

rory New Member

Got it, Thanks for the assist guys, found SMB was turned off in program files by default, accessible straight after enabling it.