Removing Music Videos from the Movies Category, and deleting a Category

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Tom899, Mar 25, 2024.

1. Tom899

Tom899 New Member

I'm new to my Z20, but really enjoying it so far. In Home Theater 4, I created some new category's, but now would like to delete the category. I can see how to uncheck and hide them, but how would I delete them?
    Also, I have Movies and Music videos, which all end up in the Movies category. I would like to remove the Music Videos from the Movies category. I tried looking at the filters, but don't really see a way to do that? Is it possible?
    Thanks,
    Tom

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

To delete a custom category press <menu> and select "Delete"

upload_2024-3-25_11-22-22.png

Unfortunately because there are only two parent categories, Movies and TV, music videos will inevitably end up in the Movies category.

However, it's fairly easy to workaround by using separate "Sources" for Movies and Music.

So on your storage have a folder "Movies" and a folder "Music" with relevant content in each (TV Series as well if you use them).

Then use each as a separate scan Source. You could then hide the All, Movies and TV categories and use the Sources widgets instead which would be "Movies" and "Music" (and "TV Series" if required).

3. Tom899

Tom899 New Member

That sounds great! Thank you so much!
    Tom