Zidoo File Explorer - add refresh functionality of external SMB shares

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by B.A. Derks, Mar 7, 2017.

1. B.A. Derks

B.A. Derks New Member

I often watch TV recordings while new recordings are added during watching existing recordings.

Unfortunately, the Zidoo File Explorer does not dynamically update the active file list. To be able to access the new recordings I have to leave the current directory and then re-enter this directory again to get the file list which include the new recordings. That in it self is workable, but what is annoying is the fact that I have to manually traverse through the file list to the new recordings over and over again.

Better and simpler would be the possibility to be able to refresh the file list by clicking a action button in the menu list. An even better approach would be a automatic refresh after the Zidoo Player is finished playing the video file(s). It would not be much network overhead compared with playing a video file.
    By far the best approach would of course be dynamically updating the file list so that the file list shown by the Zidoo Explorer stays identical with the file list on the server.

The only tricky thing of refreshing the file list manually, automatically or dynamically would be the re-selection of the active file after the refresh action.

I really hope you will be able to implement the refresh functionality.

TIA

2. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Yeah, something like the F5 function key in Windows!
    Good idea!!!

3. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Thanks,got it.Will add it in next version

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    PacoRabanne likes this.
  4. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

5. B.A. Derks

B.A. Derks New Member

Thanks, looking forward to it.

6. Ten_of_a_Kind

Ten_of_a_Kind New Member

May I also add the request for a Rename file functionality?

7. B.A. Derks

B.A. Derks New Member

Rename functionality is already available. Just scroll down the menu items on the right side of the screen.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017