Problem with AAC audio in z9x pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by prisonerofheaven, Feb 10, 2024.

1. prisonerofheaven

prisonerofheaven New Member

Hi, I recently bought a z9x pro and so far I'm loving it, except with an issue with the audio in some movies.

When playing atmos, truehd, etc the movies sounds fine, but I noticed that with all AAC tracks in videos my central channel is not working and the voices can't be heard. I thought it was because my sound bar was acting weird, but I disconnected the soundbar and sent the audio to my projector and I have the same problem, the voices can't be heard so I assume is the audio processing of the z9x.

Any solutions?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Can you send a short sample file for me to check?

No problems here with multi channel AAC - it gets decoded internally by the Zidoo and output in multi channel PCM.

3. prisonerofheaven

I'm at work right now but I'll try to send a sample when I can.

So far all files I tried with AAC audio (the Halo tv show or tigole 1080p movies for example) have the same problem. I tried changing HDMI audio from raw to auto, and disabling the passthrough to my 5.1 LG Soundbar, etc, but when the sound is coming from the projector speaker, it has the same problem. I don't know what to do, half of my library is AAC 5.1, if I can't find a solution I'll have to return the z9x pro and keep using my Android tv stick.

4. Markswift2003

Very odd - what firmware version are you using?

5. prisonerofheaven

I used the stock firmware for about an hour and later today I updated to the last beta. I had the problem with both of them U_U

6. Markswift2003

Ok - there was an issue with how Auto handled audio in earlier firmware, but if on v1.0.75 you should be fine - I'll wait until you send a sample and see what happens here.

At the same time, can you send your EDID - just want to check it decodes MCH PCM.

To Download EDID
    ================

Settings/Display/Custom EDID/Save EDID

Save to a USB stick or network location.

Change the file extension from .bin to .txt to upload to the forum

(The forum won't accept .bin files)

7. prisonerofheaven

Of course, when I have a moment I will upload the sample and the EDID, right now I’m at work and I don’t leave until late at night, so I’ll do it tomorrow morning. Thank you very much for the help.

8. prisonerofheaven

ok @Markswift2003 here you have the EDID, the sample mkv I tried several times with different upload services (mega, mediafire, etc) but I can't send the link, whenever I paste a link here a warning messagge appears and I can't post the reply.

Thanks again for your help

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views:
  9. Markswift2003

Ok, that's the EDID of the projector - I need the one from the sound bar - so have it all connected as normal - Zidoo > Soundbar > Projector

The reason you can't post links is you need a couple more posts before the forum will allow it.

Do me a favour though, only post links to short clips, say 30s to a minute - that way we're under the umbrella of Fair Use.

10. prisonerofheaven

Oh, I was connecting the zidoo to the proyector, and activated EARC in the proyector to passthrough the sound to the soundbar, like I did with my old android stick. Connecting the zidoo to the soundbar works ok and all the audio formats work fine now, so I'll leave that setup.

Thanks again for you help.

11. Luis Silva

Luis Silva New Member

I've the same problem.