FIRMWARE

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by johnnyquest, Feb 11, 2024.

1. johnnyquest

johnnyquest New Member

Does Zidoo ever release firmware updates? I always see beta versions. I have the zidoo z20 pro & still have firmware 1.052. So far it does everything i need it to do. Just curious.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Firmware development is a continual process so they're always kind of in beta. Occasionally a beta firmware will be elevated to a "Release" version but there's no real delineation between the two, and if the firmware has made it to public beta, it's a pretty safe bet.

I can only remember one instance when there was a very unstable firmware public release a couple of years ago, but it was identified quickly and pulled.

There are a lot of fixes between .52 and the current .75 so I would recommend updating, however, the old adage of "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" overrides that, so if you have no issues, leave well alone.

darqman likes this.
  3. RoyV67

RoyV67 New Member

when can we expect a new firmware update that fixes all the problems that occur on resolution and frame rate in .75

4. Markswift2003

I'm not aware of any problems with resolution and framerate.

5. RoyV67

RoyV67 New Member

when on match resolution/framerate; on 1080i/p the blu ray menu's will not start when you click on them, if it starts player will freeze and you will see a blue circle on screen, but it will not start. Sometimes it starts up, then losses picture. Also a lot of problems starting up 180i/10180p mkv files. Napoleon a UHD file RGB gives green/purple picture.

When I want to play with fixed resolution/framerate and set settings on DV/HDR to auto, it plays the first file if $k/UHD in HDT or DV right. So if it is the first time HDR it's HDR (same for DV). But when I play a DV file afterwards, it stays on HDR. Looking in the setting it has miraculously changes form auto to HDR (same if I first play DV and afterwards want to play HDR, it has changed from auto to DV). It seems the player don't sticks with "Auto".

I have had Zappiti and Dune HD and changed to Zidoo for it's hdmi 2.1 (Audioquest Firebird HDMI all the way) making the most of my Marantz AV10 and LG Oled G36. But I have to adjust my Zidoo manually every time I want to get a movie to play. Firmware (or software) is just to buggy to put this UHD5000 on the market already

6. Markswift2003

When you say 1080i/p which do you mean and do you mean resolution setting or file properties - it's very difficult to understand what the problem is.

Do you mean BluRay menus or UHD BluRay menus?

The box always has and always will have issues with BluRay menus - it's just not very good at them. Having said that, in my experience it will play most without too much problem. My advice would be always use MKVs.

You certainly shouldn't have any issues with MKV - the box is rock solid in that respect..

You should probably check the recommended settings thread.

darqman likes this.
  7. RoyV67

RoyV67 New Member

I am talking about BLU Ray's, starting with the BD button , mostly music concerts in 1080i or 1080p. They just do not work properly as discribed. sadly that wasn't a problem on my Dune/Zappiti

Also the problem with fixed resolution/framerate and the and picture setting auto and DV/HDR on auto is annoying . (When I want to play with fixed resolution/framerate and set settings on DV/HDR to auto, it plays the first file if $k/UHD in HDT or DV right. So if it is the first time HDR it's HDR (same for DV). But when I play a DV file afterwards, it stays on HDR. Looking in the setting it has miraculously changes form auto to HDR (same if I first play DV and afterwards want to play HDR, it has changed from auto to DV). It seems the player don't sticks with "Auto".)

8. RoyV67

RoyV67 New Member

just hoping that there will be a serious firmware update soon

9. Markswift2003

Ok - BD Menus are always going to be a problem with these boxes - They are just not very good at BD Menu and I doubt that will change.

I still don't understand the problem in the second paragraph. I have no issues with HDR or DV playback whether HDR is set to Auto or not. HDR plays as HDR, DV plays as DV.

There is an issue with HDR settings not persisting through a reboot when using a custom EDID and that has been fixed in the next firmware but I don't think that's what you're talking about.

10. RoyV67

RoyV67 New Member

“still don't understand the problem in the second paragraph. I have no issues with HDR or DV playback whether HDR is set to Auto or not. HDR plays as HDR, DV plays as DV.”

I does the same here if I put it on match frame rate and resolution. If I put this to off and put HDR to automatic this problem occurs. Automatic will be changed to the first file you play. If that’s HDR it will change after playing the move to HDR (and doesn’t stay on automatic) if your first file is DV it change to DV etc.)

11. RoyV67

RoyV67 New Member

And after testing a bit more, this occurs when you have it on TV-Led (not when it’s on Player-LED)

12. Markswift2003

Ok, I tried this:

1. Auto Frame Rate > Off
    2. Resolution > 3840x2160p 60Hz
    3. HDR > Auto
    4. Dolby Vision Compatible Mode > Priority Standard (TV Led)

So the GUI is in 3840x2160p 60Hz SDR

I played:

1. HLG file
    2. HDR10 file
    3. HDR10+ file
    4. DV Profile 4 file
    5. DV Profile 5 file
    6. DV Profile 7 file
    7. DV Profile 8 file

In all cases, the file played in the correct HDR mode (DV was TV Led) and in all cases when I stopped the file, the GUI returned to SDR.

BUT:

You should NEVER use Auto Frame Rate "Off" - you should always at least have "Match Frame Rate Only". Never "Off".

13. RoyV67

RoyV67 New Member

I think the problem only occurs when you have it on tv led it does every thing oké when it’s on player led

14. RoyV67

RoyV67 New Member

And why never on “off”

15. Markswift2003

Because you want playback frame rate to match the file frame rate otherwise you'll get skipped frames and the video will judder.

16. RoyV67

RoyV67 New Member

Thanks!

I keep it like this and not match resolution because I get to many handshake problems with 1080i and 1080p movies and blu rays. Now they get scaled up , but all HDR and DV files are playing nicely

Last edited: Feb 13, 2024
    Markswift2003 likes this.