External BT-keyboard for EverSolo DMP-A6 possible?

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by omuc, Feb 11, 2024.

1. omuc

omuc New Member

Is it possible to connect a external BT-keyboard to the A6 for comfortable editing the song informations?

2. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Not sure. The current Bluetooth is a digital input for audio. Some people have connected Bluetooth adaptors on the USB Audio Out to get Bluetooth transmission to external headphones. But what you ask is non audio really, where would be the software inside the A6 to deal with this ? Maybe there are APKs that could be sideloaded to do this. Of course most people are using keyboards on their control devices like tablets or phones to do this function, connected via WiFi LAN rather than Bluerooth. So is there really a need for what you suggest ?

3. omuc

omuc New Member

I agree with you, but for example most TV's offer this option. In combination Cast/Tablet a external keyboard would be possible.

4. DJpower

DJpower New Member

Settings Shortcut APK (Android App) - Free Download (apkcombo.com)

After installing the setting shorcut apk, you will see that the Bluetooth settings function is activated. You can connect a Bluetooth keyboard here.

Additionally, Bluetooth output is available, so you can listen to the A6's sound through Bluetooth earphones or headphones.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
    Asax, Kusalajoti Lens and Jjb067 like this.
  5. Rosters

Rosters New Member

Can anyone tell me which usb Bluetooth adapter will successfully transmit audio from the Eversolo usb output port to my headphones

6. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Looking at Amazon, there is a confusing array of usb bt dongles/adapters. One that caught my eye was the Avantree DG80, this is an audio only device as distinct from a lot of these dongles which are designed for general communication to mice, keyboards etc. Bluetooth codecs up to AptX but no LDAC. I haven't tried it with my A6 but it should work.

7. Rosters

Rosters New Member

Thanks for that info

8. DJpower

DJpower New Member

You don't need to buy a Bluetooth adapter. As I posted above, you can enable Bluetooth output on the A6 itself. A Bluetooth keyboard, mouse, and headphones can all be connected. Since the ldac codec is also supported, you can enjoy high-quality sound sources. After installing the app posted above, go to Bluetooth settings and pair with headphones.

Attached Files:

SausageDog likes this.
  9. Rosters

Rosters New Member

Thanks for that. I only have iOS devices

10. DJpower

DJpower New Member

SausageDog likes this.
  11. Rosters

Rosters New Member

Oh I see…….thanks.

12. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Thanks @DJpower for that info, that route of downloading an APK direct into the A6 via USB Stick had somehow passed me bye. So I tried it out for that Settings Shortcut apk you recommended and it worked a treat. I was able to connect a Bluetooth headphone to the A6 very easily and music was transmitted no problem, sampling rate was 48 kHz not sure of what codec was in use, sounded fine. One minor issue is the Settings screen at least in Cast mode covers the main navigation buttons on the right hand side. There is no obvious dismiss function visible and the main menu button is obscured. I found that by tapping into the top search box, then you see a 3 dots button top right which if you press on it will make the main set of vertical buttons reappear on top. Thus you can exit back to home button and navigate to music etc. Thanks for pointing out this apk and how to load it, solves the Bluetooth transmitter problem nicely.

13. Rosters

Rosters New Member

Do you run the “settings shortcut” app which presents you with a dialog to enable you to switch on Bluetooth output. Then pair headphones.

when you next power on the Eversolo do you have to go into the “settings shortcut” app to switch on Bluetooth output, or is Bluetooth output permanently on thereafter.

14. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Once the apk is installed, it appears as an app in the Apps section. Press on it to run and you see the Settings Shortcut main page, there is a Bluetooth section, press on it and you see the bluetooth page, there is a + area where you can pair a device. Just follow the instructions, put your headphone in pairing mode, and the devices found by the A6 are listed. Select the one that matches your phones and it will pair and connect. The app seems to remember previously paired devices, so next time in just press on the paired name and your phones will reconnect, assuming they are on. I have added the Settings Shortcut app via the widget launcher so that it is always visible on home screen of A6, one press and you are in. I disconnected headphones by using the same Bluetooth settings page as for pairing using the cog symbol on the right hand side. This shows the settings for each paired device, includes a disconnect and forget entirely buttons.

SausageDog likes this.
  15. Rosters

Rosters New Member

That’s a brilliant answer.
    Things are very clear now.
    Thanks

16. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Just out of curiosity, I want ahead and purchased the Avantree DG80P USB Bluetooth transmitter dongle that I mentioned in an earlier post on this thread. Obtained from Amazon UK. Small dongle that fits into the bottom USB Audio Out port on the A6. It has a multifunction button and LED indicator, you press for 2 secs and it enters pairing mode indicated by alternating blue/white flashes. Put your headphone or other BT device into pairing mode, the LED turns solid blue when paired. The headphones I used for this test were Sennheiser HD 4.50BTNC which can do AptX codec and have active noise cancellation if you turn it on, BT v4 so not the latest. When you play a song on the A6 with USB Audio Out as the output port, voila lovely sound from the headphones. The LED on the adapter gives a blue flash every few seconds when music is streaming, in my case indicating AptX rather than the top low latency codec that the adapter is capable of. If I turn off the headphones, the LED goes solid blue. Turn them on again, the headphones repair immediately. So I can recommend this little adapter for those who don't want to go the APK sideloading route. Both work well with the adapter focussed on USB Audio Out tasks only, the APK used above is more general allowing for a range of bluetooth devices such as keyboards etc.

SausageDog likes this.
  17. SausageDog

SausageDog Member

Super! Considering the very easy implementation I'm just wandering why this hasn't be considered as a factory option...

18. Rosters

Rosters New Member

Same here. I don’t want to add apps that can be substituted with a hardware solution

I also don't know why Eversolo don’t add this as a firmware update fix

19. Dr. Audio

Dr. Audio Member

There is a newer version on Amazon USA :
    Avantree C81 USB-C Bluetooth Adapter for PS5 - Connect Headphones Wirelessly with aptX Low Latency Support and Included Mini Mic

20. maddib

maddib Member

One question regarding this dongle. How does it behave differently compared to the internal one besides the pairing button? Don't you need this special apk anyway to e.g. set the BT audio codec to be used?