Turn Off Volume "Click"

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by Itch, Feb 4, 2024.

1. Itch

Itch Member

I don't believe your are following the discussion ...
    These are observations. Not criticisms.
    Don't you believe it would be in the interests of owners to know the results of such a test?
    All people are saying is "it works fine in my system" - that is not the point of the exercise.

For the benefit of everyone - I am glad you are not a moderator.

I am not making a case that something is wrong.

2. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Well-Known Member

It does work fine it has the usual and standard output values.
    You have tried two devices with normal output parameters I looked at the Rose 150B streamer same 2.1 volt output from RCA.
    Keith

3. slm091839

slm091839 New Member

I am having the same issue. I have a new DMP-A8 with a brand new Emotiva XPA-DR2 amp. I have to turn the volume up to almost 3/4 just to hear anything using the XLR outputs. The first 1/2 of the volume control does nothing. Looking at the specs of the amp input sensitivity and all that and the A8 it should work fine..any ideas?

4. Tidad

Tidad New Member

What output port have you selected? I believe that amp is fully balanced so you need to be running "BAL - XLR". I don't know that it will make a difference but hopefully...

Last edited: Feb 17, 2024
  5. benma

benma Member

I will describe to you the A8 settings in my system (I'm using XLR connection too):
    I start to hear the sound from the A8 at -75dB. For background music I have the A8 set to -45dB, for intensive listening I have the A8 set to -30 to -25dB, and when listening to DSD tracks even up to -15dB. I think my A8 is working normally.

Do you have both "Input select" switchers on the back of your Emotive set to the XLR input position (down)? Is the A8 the only device connected to your Emotiva?

Nutul likes this.
  6. slm091839

slm091839 New Member

I have the XLR output selected...

7. slm091839

slm091839 New Member

Yes, the switches on the amp are set correctly.

8. Barry1969

Barry1969 New Member

Here the same:
    XLR out to power amp Audiophonics purifi
    Starting to hear sound at -80db
    Morning coffee listening level -48db
    Serious listening -30db
    Loud listening -20db

9. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Well-Known Member

Yup -20 would be very loud, there must be a gain structure issue, do those amps have a choice of gain ?
    Keith

10. slm091839

slm091839 New Member

No..

11. slm091839

slm091839 New Member

Eversolo was no help . This was there reply.
    Hi ,

Thanks for reaching out!

Regarding the issue: please kindly first update your A8 to v1.2.80 version.
    Then turn on the Volume passthrough mode on A8, do not use A8 to control the volume; instead, allow A8 to send the amplitude signal of the original audio.

Best,
    Eversolo

I bought it to use as a pre amp volume control ..

12. mags

mags New Member

Holy moly….

13. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

But really is the nuisance that big? A feedback that volume control works is not a bad feature for me.
    But we are all different. The fact remains Eversolo can't change this for you: EMRON relays are the best you can get but they do make a clear sound. It was added to my review.

14. Try factory resetting your A8, I had an issue with Analog-RCA being much lower than using the XLR/RCA output option.

Couldn't work out why so I did a factory reset and set it up again, now the Analog-RCA is at the same level as the XLR/RCA option.

At -40 on the amp I'm getting around 75dB from the speakers and they are:

DMP-A8 - XLR/RCA >> RCA cables >> Yamamoto 45 >> bit of copper >> 105 dB horns (Living Voice)

If I use XLR-Balanced at -40 on the A8 I'm getting about 65 dB from the speakers where:

DMP-A8 - BAL XLR > XLR cables >> Pass Labs Aleph 2 >> bit of copper >> 105 dB Horns (Living Voice)

15. benma

benma Member

At volume -40 on my A8 I'm getting from my speakers (87dB):
    80dB over XLR cables and "Bal-XLR" or "XLR+RCA" settings on the A8
    74dB over RCA cables and "Analog RCA" or "XLR+RCA" settings on the A8