Plex client for Zidoo devices - ZidooPlexMod

Discussion in 'Plex for Zidoo' started by bowlingbeeg, Dec 31, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

I finally got around to installing all this on my Z9X and gave it a try. Pretty great option to HT4 and now I can access my Plex server pretty effortlessly. Thanks much for all the hard work!

Now a few questions. Inside the Plex addon, is there a way to change which hubs are showing and their order? What about the source bar across the top? Any options to modify the order?

2. limitz

limitz Member

Order of the libraries (source bar as you refer to it) is determined by the ordering set by the Plex server owner. If you're the owner, then open up the client webUI (or the internal webUI) or desktop app and you should be able to reorder your libraries. That will flow down to the clients.

3. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

One last question - Manually including or excluding libraries in PlexToZidoo doesn’t seem to do anything in the Kodi add-on. All libraries show no matter what. Am I doing something wrong?

4. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

I thought that might be the case, but I see a hub in the web app I don’t see in the addon so I wasn’t sure. I’ll give it a go anyway. Thanks much.

5. bowlingbeeg

bowlingbeeg Active Member

Unfortunately right now there is no way to change the order of the hubs but there is a way to configure(show/hide/re-order) the libraries across the top. I guess I forgot to capture those details in the first thread post so I'll update that as well. It does require manually updating a file on the Zidoo so it's not super user friendly but it's also not all that difficult. Here are the details:

If you want a custom layout for your library list you can copy the file, customlayout.xml, from the <kodi_path>/addons/script.zidooplexmod directory to the <kodi_path>/userdata/addon_data/script.zidooplexmod/ directory. Then edit it with the layout you want. You can have unique layouts for each server and user, a default one that everyone shares, or a combination of both. See the customlayout.xml file for details.
    NOTE: If you're using ZDMC the <kodi_path> is: \Storage\Android\data\com.zidoo.zdmc\files\.kodi

6. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

Thanks much. That worked perfectly.

bowlingbeeg likes this.
  7. jettthasan

jettthasan New Member

Hello, zidoo z9xpro, hdd is installed in zidoo, I use samba, encrypted, "Part of path to replace"
    - "Replaced with".
    What should I write in return for these? Even though I adapt it to myself based on the data on the pages, I get a NO SERVER FOUND warning.
    path:smb://192.168.**/share
    shaped. What is missing or wrong? Thanks

correction:zidoo x9xpro connected to Samsung Q990C saoundbar

Last edited: Jan 31, 2024
  8. bowlingbeeg

Sorry, but you didn't provide enough information for me to help. You need to figure out where your media is stored and the Zidoo needs to be able to connect over SMB to that same location. Then you need to figure out what path the Plex Server is using to access those files. From that you need to pick out the the part in the path that the Plex Server uses that needs to be replaced by the smb://192.168.x.x so that the Zidoo can access the media directly.

9. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

What happens if you have a separate SMB share's on your NAS / Plex Server for instance - HD Movies, 4K Movies, TV, 4kTV? Can you point it to all 4 SMB shares or only 1 share?

10. jettthasan

jettthasan New Member

First of all, thank you for your return. Description: I have zidoo z9xpro, 2tb WD Element HDD and it is installed in zidoo. In zidoo settings, there is a fixed IP: 192.168.1.** for the samba route. I removed the password, it is gone. There is a connection to the PC via Samba. 1-address of HDD in zidoo/share/(4EAEDC41AEDC236F)
    2-storage(zidooon)
    there is. 1.There are movies in it. I can open and use it on PC. I am making the same samba path to your application, 1-/share/4e.... path,
    2-smb://192.168.1.**/share/4e.. path,
    your application plex settings - network connection port:32400
    I open plex from the PC, log in, then enter application + zbmc + zidooplxmod.
    The plex is opening. There is NO SERVERS FOUND. I open the plex automatically with the username and password.
    This is the situation.
    I use +ad blocking dns for static ip-zidoo,

11. bowlingbeeg

The PlexToZidoo app allows multiple different substitution strings using a comma between each different substitution.

12. bowlingbeeg

I'm really finding it hard to follow you. Maybe it's a language issue. So let me start by asking some basic questions
    1. Is your Plex Server running on a PC and can you access it using an official plex client like the android/ios app from your phone?
    2. Is the media on that same PC or someplace else like a NAS?
    3. Are you using KODI or ZDMC and which version?
    4. Can you post a screen shot of the error?

13. limitz

limitz Member

This doesn't matter. I have multiple Plex libraries as well. Do the substitution path for the parent folder.

14. qsnake

qsnake Member

Actually, I am still waiting for your update on the Zidoo Plex. Your version supports external network connections, not limited to the local network, making it very convenient for users who have only one NAS but need to play movies in multiple locations. There are just a few minor bugs in your version that need improvement(such as external subtitles, resuming playback after a pause will result in the stop of playback), and it would be a shame to give up on it. Additionally, I strongly suggest official support for connecting the poster wall to the Plex server, similar to Infuse. This way, the media libraries of multiple playback devices can be managed by a single Plex server, which is very convenient.

15. bowlingbeeg

You're replying to Markswift2003 but I believe most of your questions were directed at the ZidooPlexMod app so I'll chime in.

What version of ZdiooPlexMod are you using? There have been frequent updates so I'm not sure what you mean by "waiting for your update". External subtitles are supported as long as you have your substitution strings setup correctly. If you don't then the movie will likely still play but it won't find any external/internal subtitles. You can blame the zidoo video player for that, there's nothing I can do about it. I've mentioned it to one of the dev contacts I have but haven't heard anything from them in a long time so I'm guessing it won't ever get fixed. Resuming playback issues would be another one that I don't have any control over. Once I hand the video over to the zidoo player I don't have any control over it. Your last suggestion of connecting the poster wall to a plex server isn't something I have control over, you would need someone at Zidoo to make those changes. I would highly doubt they would do what you're suggesting.

16. qsnake

qsnake Member

Sorry, I remembered the software author incorrectly. I meant to address Mirror, and all the suggestions are specifically related to his 'Zidoo Plex 1.0.25'.
    Thank you very much for your detailed response, and also for your hard work on the software.

17. bowlingbeeg

Oh yeah, forgot about that app. I haven't seen any updates on that in a long time. My guess is it's been abandoned. I was never able to get it to work which is why I started working on PlexToZidoo and eventually ZidooPlexMod.

18. limitz

limitz Member

I have noticed I have one show that always fails to play automatically, but will start when prompted manually. It gives the "Zidoo Player Failed to Start" error and I have to manually click "Play".

It is the only show I have in my library with this behavior, is there anything I can do to help diagnose this, or it likely not fixable?

19. bowlingbeeg

Do you get the spinning white wheel? If so then there's probably nothing I can do because at that point I've handed over control to the zidoo player. But I can take a look at the log an see if there's anything in there. Turn on debug in the ZidooPlexMod settings and exit out of ZidooPlexMod and exit out of Kodi. Then start up kodi and ZidooPlexMod and recreate the issue. Collect the kodi.log file from \Android\data\com.zidoo.zdmc\files\.kodi\temp\ and DM me. I'll give you a place to upload the file.

20. bowlingbeeg

Pushed version 0.3.6 to the bowlingbeeg.kodi repo. It pulls in the upstream 0.7.5-rev1 changes which includes some improvements to viewing large media collections. It will only request the small chunk of items that your are currently viewing instead of everything in your library. As always let me know if you run into any issues.

RDS - Z9X Pro likes this.