Roon?

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by CGW, Dec 9, 2023.

1. CGW

CGW New Member

Just got my DMP A8. I was hoping for Roon support. When is it coming?

Franc likes this.
  2. CGW

CGW New Member

Just refreshed my Roon and it came up!

3. CGW

CGW New Member

It has disappeared again. It would not play full resolution. Everything was down sampled through Roon.

4. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Still in the certification process

ammar11, Franc and Purité Audio like this.
  5. Franc

Franc New Member

How did it appear in Roon and how were you connected?

6. If it shows up in ROON, as it does for me, it's likely under "Other Device" which means it will play via AirPlay only.

7. multisport4me

multisport4me Member

Is there any timeline on certification that you can share? It's a $2000 box and I relied on your company's previous Roon Ready certifications in hopes that Roon Ready would be imminent if I purchased the box now. Is Roon distracted by their acquisition by Harman and we could be waiting a year? Or are you just cleaning up a couple of things to pass and expect it to pass soon?

Franc and Nutul like this.
  8. CGW

CGW New Member

I wish it would show up all the time. It is missing most times and only randomly shows up.

Franc likes this.
  9. Wayne S Blackwood

Wayne S Blackwood New Member

I've had my DMP-A8 for about two weeks now and so far, so good. It's DAC does sound different than my Gustard R26. Different in a good way. I am, however, disappointed in the fact that Roon certification is nowhere to be seen. I too along with many others was hoping that by the time that the A8 shipped, it would make the list of Roon certified products. BTW, it's the same issue with my R26 (a year plus later); it is not "Certified” Roon ready however, my R26 works fine with Roon.

I can say that the A8's ARC in feature is what sold me. Don't get me wrong, its other features are great as well; I'm learning everyday how the use these features........

Franc likes this.
  10. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

That’s on Roon, they’re taking a lot of time for certification as usual there’s nothing Zidoo can do about it.

11. multisport4me

multisport4me Member

100% on Roon. Eversolo sent this thing in over 3 months ago. The Harman acquisition could have put brakes on everything for all we know. I doubt this was an accretive acquisition by Harman - far more likely to have been a strategic/IP/talent acquisition play. Which means, the notion that Harman will just let them exists as-is is probably naive at best. Harman has plans and I am very concerned as a lifetime Roon customer that the trajectory of Roon will change to suit Harman's strategic plans for an acquisition of this nature.

So I'm torn on the A8. I love it but my A6ME is no slouch and fully supports RAAT. I can't return the A8 (or it would be cost prohibitive to do so since I bought it from Audiophonics) so I am faced with the hard reality that I'll need to sell the A8, take a loss, and just keep the A6ME.

Franc and ammar11 like this.
  12. wakoe

wakoe New Member

Just picking up this question again, as it is the key for this forum topic. I am thinking of getting a Roon abo.

13. Heard that the guy who did the certification at Roon left so they have a backlog of requests at the moment.

I'm quite impressed with the eversolo app running on the Macbook so am not overly desperate for Roon approval.

14. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

OMG... one guy for all the certifications?!? I thought Roon was a bit more serious; considering the rush all new devices are into for certification, and the money you pay as a user...
    Now there is also the company acquisition... I would feel a little concerned, were I a Roon user and A8 owner.

15. multisport4me

multisport4me Member

&*$(#^@(*& %^$@!!!

I don't even know what swear words I just used above, I just know there were a lot of them.

I may have to sell my A8. There are plenty of customers that probably don't use Roon and just like the A8's user interface so the product is still a very nice one. But I will not give up Roon to own the A8. The A6ME is still a very capable Roon Ready end point. But ughhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

@mirror, can you comment on this matter? Are Roon Ready certifications basically at a standstill right now? I cannot fathom how this unit is not yet certified....unless this rumor is true?

16. Well I assumed one guy but it makes sense given the backlog at the moment, it's fairly common knowledge the Roon team is not huge and given certification is free I would guess they wouldn't throw a large amount of resource at it.

Look on the bright side at least the search works in the Eversolo app :)