Zidoo Z20 Pro - not Play Protect Certification

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Luis Silva, Dec 17, 2023.

1. Luis Silva

Luis Silva New Member

Hello

Zidoo Z20 Pro

This device has:
    Play Protect Certification: Device not certified.

If a device is not Play Protect certified:
    - Devices are considered unsafe
    - They cannot receive Android system updates or other app updates.
    - Google apps on these devices are unlicensed and may not be true Google apps.
    - Applications and features on these devices may not work correctly.

I tried to install the TV operator's app but, unfortunately, the system indicates that this app cannot be installed on insecure devices.

According to information from Google, if your device is not Play Protect certified, Google recommends that you contact its manufacturer.

In view of the above, I would appreciate information on whether Play Protect certification is planned in a future system update?

Thanks for attencion

2. Guenter

Guenter Member

3. Luis Silva

Luis Silva New Member

This feature doesn't work. I've tried several times and the system continues to provide an Uncertified Play Protect product.
    According to the Google services, only the manufacturer can resolve this situation.

4. PBEB21

PBEB21 New Member

For use the playstore Google, installer the firmware with extension "Vxxxx_G".
    And create a compte avec Gmail to use for connect to playstore only with Zidoo. No connect this compte with a smartphone.
    Sée the site of "McBluna.net"

Sorry for my english, i am french.

5. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

Bonjour.
    Are you 100% sure it will work at Z9X Pro and there will be no "Play Protect Certification: Device not certified" statement any more?

Since probably at the beginning you must also generate the new GSF ID number... What is possible only when you perform the factory reset of Z9X PRO.
    I would really like to be 100% sure your procedure is ok, not to figure out that it is not effective after also resetting Z9X Pro...

6. PBEB21

PBEB21 New Member

My player is a Z20 pro, same génération that Z9X pro .
    Look my images you see application playstore fonctionnel and for exemple Spotify,Tune ...
    PXL_20231228_102326461.jpg PXL_20231228_102249624.MP.jpg PXL_20231228_102147182.jpg PXL_20231228_102231866.MP.jpg

7. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

Ok. I have the same like you.

But could you please go to Parametres -> Information -> Play Protect Certificate and post the picture of the statement below?
    This is mine... Device is not certified. Yours probably will state the same.
    2023-12-28 13_21_41.jpg 2023-12-28 13_21_41.jpg

Last edited: Dec 28, 2023
  8. PBEB21

PBEB21 New Member

Hello,
    I Can not see your photo.
    Repost please.

9. PBEB21

PBEB21 New Member

Exact i have the same message but its normal because Zidoo dont pay Google for the certification.
    Its a problem for exemple NETFLIX.
    But a lot of applications run whitout problem : exemple Spotify plutotv...

10. Luis Silva

Luis Silva New Member

Hello,
    Thank you for your information, but unfortunately it did not solve the problem.
    I have, from the same manufacturer, the "Himedia Q10 Pro", this device is duly certified by Play protect, so I don't understand why the Zidoo Z20 Pro device was launched on the market without Play Protect Certified.

11. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

because it is not meant for use as a google box/streaming device.
    There are way cheaper solutions for that.

xskip likes this.
  12. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I've given up answering posts like this...

oops.

13. darky_zidoo

once in a while..with courage from a glass of rum..I can handle it

Markswift2003 likes this.
  14. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Have you tried Mauritian rum?? Oh man!

darky_zidoo likes this.
  15. darky_zidoo

i will try that soon if it is available here.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  16. Luis Silva

Luis Silva New Member

The "Himedia Q10 Pro" device, identical to the "Zidoo Z20 Pro", although with lower quality, is also not exclusively for use as Box/Streaming, but is on the market with Play Protect Certificate. The "Zidoo Z20 Pro" has the possibility of using the Google Play Store, so why does the "Himedia Q10 Pro" have the device certified but the "Zidoo Z20 Pro" does not, both being created by the same manufacturer.