Zidoo z2600 oder UHD 5000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Cisco2K, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Cisco2K

Cisco2K New Member

Yes, I can understand that. In time, I'm also going to buy a NAS from Synology and that's where the 16 TB comes in. Otherwise, it's a very good device. I'm also in possession of a dune hd pro vision 4k solo, but there the presentation of the collection is too thin.

Yes, I can confirm the knocking noise of the hard drive. Absolutely annoying. Generally, the segate nas hard drive is very noisy.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2023
  2. johnnyquest

johnnyquest New Member

I looked up on google about my western digital 16tb hard drive knocking. According to the complaints western digital did this on purpose. They thought by cycling more it would be better.

3. Cisco2K

Cisco2K New Member

Ja, dann spielt es keine Rolle, welchen Hersteller Sie kaufen. In Bezug auf die Kapazität machen sie wahrscheinlich alle solche Geräusche.

4. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

I had Dune HD Ultra Vision and the read head noise and general noise from the hard drives was much quieter, very acceptable. Nobody at Zidoo has probably thought about this, no decoupling of HDD cages, the case sounds like a tin can, small fan.
    But as you wrote, Dunes My Collection/NewGUI is no good, hence Zidoo with Home Theatre and without internal HDDs.

Cisco2K likes this.
  5. Onkelmidnight

Onkelmidnight New Member

Hello,

I'm faced with the same decision, 2600 or 5000.
    The price difference is significant.
    The most serious difference is the second hard drive bay.
    I will only use the device to store and watch video files.
    Have the bugs been fixed now?
    Does the 5000 run smoothly?

Thanks and best regards.

6. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Member

For video the 2600 and 5000 would be identical, the 5000 is mainly adding the extra stereo hifi features that don't make any difference at all to HDMI signals (better analogue audio output hardware, USB audio input to use it as a stereo DAC etc.). in fact, every Zidoo box in the current generation has EXACTLY the same video performance and features, the only differences are some have a HDD bay or two, some have dual HDMI out for A/V separation. the Z2000 and up come with the better remote and more attractive chassis and the default skin is more elegant (but you can change it anyway). that's it.

The chassis of the 5000 is a bit heavier duty, so maybe it's a bit better in terms of HDD noise, but the drive bays are still pretty rattly so loud, fast disks are going to be audible if you sit close to the player.

There are bugs, but firmware development is steady. The core functionality of playing video files from a disk is all fine for most users apart from some edge cases.
    Library management needs work though, it's not 100%. I think of this hardware as early access, the physical devices are done but we are the testers for the software, which is going to take a few more months to really mature, the last generation Zidoos have had a few years of firmware development and these newer ones had to start from square one with the new chipset..

If HDD noise is an issue use a NAS located in another room, or share a folder from a computer via SMB if you don't have a huge library to deal with.
    Personally I put a small 1TB SSD in my Z2600 for some silent local storage and set the fan speed to Low and it's perfect accessing media from my big server, it sits 2 feet behind my head in my room and I cant hear it. I use the ZDMC app instead of the default player however, I just prefer its library management and customisable layout.

VADIMBUH and gymnos like this.