A8 Master?

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by Tricky Aus, Dec 17, 2023.

1. Tricky Aus

Tricky Aus New Member

Hi
    Question for those 'in the know', is there a DMP-A8 Master Edition coming?
    I bought the A6 Master Edition and really like it, but with my active speakers costing 10x the streamer, I'm now thinking about upgrading to the A8. Unless there's an A8 ME coming, in which case happy to wait for that...
    Thanks
    Tricky

Last edited: Dec 17, 2023
  2. Fergus

Fergus Active Member

Sincerely hope so, with the gold badges too.

3. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Yeah,
    maybe with a better DAC better clocks and better PSU, right?!?
    Of course the golden badge must be there, otherwise, how would you recognise it?

Anøtek and Mister L like this.
  4. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

You really made the wrong choice! Sound always becomes better, the more money you spent in components. Also more free space in your wallet improves sound! A6 and also A8 are too cheap for your speakers!
    I think you should invest in some voodoo cables, wired from virgins in a full moon night, or a good sounding network switch for some thousands euros or dollars.
    Throw away those bargain things from eversolo, or throw away your 10x costing speakers and buy some bargain speakers for the eversolo bargains. Then it matches and sounds great! Believe in me!

Nutul likes this.
  5. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

Wait for the A8,5 Tripple Master ALE (Absolute Limited Edition)! It will have silver, gold and carbon fibre badges on every edge of the case. That will be endgame. Will come out at christmas next year.

Nutul likes this.
  6. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Exactly what I meant; you've stolen my words here, @Mister L only problem being the release too far in the future... will this forum still be open, so that we'll be able to hear the comments of @Tricky Aus and @Fergus on their comparison between the A8 Classic vs the ALE Release?

7. Tricky Aus

Tricky Aus New Member

Wow. I asked a simple question and received only ridicule in response. Great way to treat a new member of this forum.

I thought someone might know about the Eversolo release schedule, seeing as some members here (@Nice Monkey and @Markswift2003) seemed to have early info on the A8's arrival.

Having bought the A6 ME and then seen the A8 announced just a matter of days later, I didn't think it was unreasonable to ask if an A8 ME was coming shortly after the A8? Apparently it was.

Perhaps it was the 10x comment which sparked the response. It was intended only to indicate that budget is not a primary factor, so happy to wait if an A8 ME version is coming imminently.

And @Mister L, re mismatch of components etc that you ridiculed - you don't even know what other components are in my system. I'll say only that although I love the A6 ME's easy streaming of Tidal etc, it is not my main source.

Fergus likes this.
  8. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Reading what have been the updates to the A6 to make the A6 ME, and reading the current specs of the A8, would have come to mind that there is nothing to update at hardware level to imply a ME of the A8: there is no better AKM DAC than the one currently in the A8; the clocks are already the same as the A6ME; and D-D routing to I2S is already included. All the rest is software, and doesn't require a ME.
    This was the reason of the rant; because people talk and ask / pretend without even thinking before: The A8 came out as a further improvement over the A6 and A6ME... it would have been logic to directly produce an A8ME, without making a two-step product update; and/or maintaining 2 new products, one clearly less-powerful / less-demanded; and/or maintaining two production lines, etc. etc., don't you think?

Nice Monkey and Tricky Aus like this.
  9. Tricky Aus

Tricky Aus New Member

Thanks @Nutul, that makes good sense.

Nutul likes this.
  10. Milky

Milky Active Member

This forum is littered with ASR members that love being smug and way over confident in their audio knowledge. If you actually want to have a civilized conversation, it's best to look elsewhere until they get bored with this forum. They have zero interest in furthering the conversation.

JamOne and SausageDog like this.
  11. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

No, they are not.
    Sometimes, though, you may get annoyed of silly questions; therefore you try to explain why, from a technical point of view, such questions could be answered by simply looking at the reasons behind some models getting NEW VERSIONS and some others not.
    The A8 is yet out, and as it happened for the A6 one can indeed expect a ME for it too; but examining what the A6ME brought to the table, it may be easy to understand that an A8ME has little playground left, as it already incorporates all the improvements of the A6ME. I find it very childish just coming over and asking "when will you release a new model?" without maybe even already owning the latest one, or having read its specifications...
    It may well be me too easy to get p****d, but still IMO it is arrogance and laziness of the posters.

Fergus and Inti like this.
  12. Milky

Milky Active Member

That's you just stroking your ego. Most people don't want your guess disguised in technical jargon. Nor do they care about the technical aspects. You are talking down to people. Try to be a better person

Last edited: Dec 20, 2023
    JamOne and SausageDog like this.
  13. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

He tells it like it is. Technically comprehensible and even measurable. But not everyone wants to hear that. Especially not the so-called audiophiles, who are always striving for more and better instead of just listening to music. Technically it will be exhausted at some point. That's how it is. He is telling the truth. It's just hard to hear the truth sometimes. Especially for the audiofools. Because they understand nothing technical. If they did, they were not those fools, spending lots of money for absolute stupid things like cables for hundreds of euros, sounding network switches, sounding fuses and so on. Use your brain only for a few seconds to think those things over...

14. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

Poor human being.

May lightning strike you while you shit.

15. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

Instead many people, including me, are getting annoyed with you and some other member policing the forum and repeating the same things over and over again ad nauseam. This is a product support forum, not ASR. People come here to talk and ask about anything, objective and subjective, that's the way it is and don't want to hear your theories whether they are correct or not. Yet you guys always have this itch of trying to make a point of which most of us do not care about (just to put it nicely)....question, do you maybe get off by doing that?

16. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

@JamOne

And you are the one who decides for this forum what one has to hear or not to hear? You are the one who wants to forbid repeating the same things to say, when over and over the same stupid questions are comming up?
    OK! I did not know that.
    You may marry @Fergus. Would be a nice stupid couple. And if I would go down to the niveau of @Fergus, I would just say: Have a good time together and f*** you in your a**es.

17. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

You really don't get it, do you? I decide nothing...I am just telling that you are annoying with your repetitive chant. You pollute threads, you have been even invited by another user to use a dedicated thread but you still going around...like a bird ....you know what they do, right?
    Normally, I call the likes of you troll.

If they ask it, that means they have some need....who are you to decide what one has to ask or not to ask....do you hear yourself talking? :D....if you see it, just manage your urges and go do something else....leave us in peace!

And now have a nice life, because discussing with you is a waste of my time...over and out.

Fergus likes this.
  18. nhtdm

nhtdm Member

@Tricky Aus
    I got the DMP-A8 today from Futeko, and I love it. It's sound excellent and plays all the audio files that I have trouble with CXN V2, Zidoo UHD5000 and Dune HD Ultra Vision 4K. I will skip the unnecessary expensive A8 ME and will get A10 for sure (a big step upgrade not a little bit ME) !

19. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

Do you think there will be an A8 ME or an A 10 ? I think A8 is for nowadays endgame and there comes nothing more or better...