Z9x Pro - No True HD in ZDMC? --> Solved

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by ElvisC, Nov 25, 2023.

1. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

Hi,
    When I use Zidoo player I have no issues
    but when using ZDMC I don't get True HD only DTS HD

I checked all options of passthru in the ZDMC settings

What am I missing?

Thnaks!

2. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 New Member

Not a solution, but why use ZDMC at all? The internal player is much better in this case.

xskip likes this.
  3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Set ZDMC to use the Zidoo (external) Player.

4. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

There is a small annoying issue with Hebrew subtitles - punctuation marks appears on the flipped side, that was fixed in Kodi and exists, like forever in Zidoo player

I don't recall having problems in my old Z9S & true HD audio...

5. Unclejoshc

Unclejoshc Member

I cannot get ZDMC to access my SMB on the network. My PC shows up in the File Manager but when I click on it it just says Operation Not Permitted. No option to do anything else. Not sure if ZDMC only allows local playback of files on the internal or attached HD only and SMB is not an option or not. Weird that it shows the name of my PC but can't access. No issues accessing SMB from the Zidoo Media Manager. Or on any of my other devices using Kodi.

6. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

I don't understand how is this related to my question

any way, I have no issues with SMB to my NAS
    Just entered my credentials

7. Markswift2003

Which player are you using in ZDMC?

8. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

Kodi Player because no subtitles issue there

9. Unclejoshc

Unclejoshc Member

My apologies for posting my issue on your thread. I did a search on ZDMC and this was the most recent. I did not want to make a new one if people were troubleshooting ZDMC issues but I will do so. Good luck on getting your problem resolved. I have no issue playing True HD audio on files on my internal drive using ZDMC. I just checked several files and they showed up at True HD and Atmos on my receiver with all speakers outputting sound.

10. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

@Unclejoshc
    Thanks
    Can you please post an image of your KODI audio settings?

11. Markswift2003

The whole point of ZDMC is that it uses the Zidoo player.

If you don't do that you may as well use Kodi on a cheap AMLogic box.

12. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

:)
    I have HomeTheater app with poster wall and zidoo player
    If I use ZDMC it means I want to use KODI player

AMLogic box does not support full ISO image and does not support 3D playback

It is simply strange to me since Z9S had no issues, maybe I'm missing some definition

13. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

As oppose to Z9S where checking passthrough was enough here I need to change the channels number to 7.1
    Option of transcoding was gone and now I get the audio correctly

14. Hslansky

Hslansky New Member

So I'm new to Zidoo an still trying to figure things out. Please explain to me what the Zidoo player gets me over the Kodi/ZDMC internal player. Why wouldn't I just install Kodi from the Google Play Store, now that GPS is supported on the latest firmware. I have used Kodi for years and prefer the interface, as well as other options, over that of HT4. I purchased the Z9X Pro because of its ability to handle audio and video better that the NAS I was previously using.

15. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

Zidoo player can play Full BD menu for Bluray and 4K UltraHD
    Zidoo player can play 3D bluray

16. Hslansky

Hslansky New Member

Thank you for your reply. Except for the 3D I’m pretty sure native Kodi can do that as well. I have all my movies ripped as .mkv files. Dows Zidoo player provide any additional benefits such as picture quality and audio support that Kodi does not provide. I am just starting to set up my Z9X Pro and want to make sure I am going down the right path.

17. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

kodi cannot play full BD menu, not on android box anyway, maybe on windows it can with proper plugins

18. Markswift2003

The whole reason for buying a Zidoo is the Zidoo hardware player - this harnesses the power of the SOC and exposes VS10 with fully agile HDR handling, including DV and full HDR10/SDR/DV conversion in both directions. This is why Kodi was ported to ZDMC - to utilise the player.

If you're going to use Kodi with its own player you'd be better off with a bog standard Kodi box or a Shield - The Realtek SOC is not designed to work well with software players.

jeryll, Oldpainless and xskip like this.