DMP-A6 Feature Request

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Xyzzy, Jun 7, 2023.

1. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

The A6 will not be obsolete in it’s current state, you’re overthinking it. If both has the same functions, why would anyone buy the more expensive one?

It’s a feature request thread, you can ask for it, no problem and I hope you get it. I was just giving an opinion of the reality, there’s nothing negative about it.

Carry on.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2023
    Pulluca likes this.
  2. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

The EQ in the Hifi Rose looks great. It is just software, no DSP chip:

[​IMG]

Pulluca and Houdini like this.
  3. kc001

kc001 Active Member

Have you seen any such apps that don't require hardware DSP chips?
    Any example?

PS: The only AVR device I know that uses software for this purpose are the PC based Trinnov:
    upload_2023-11-15_16-5-28.png

4. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

All smartphones. The Hifi Rose 250

5. kc001

kc001 Active Member

?????

6. AndyLu

AndyLu Member

Your claim that all smartphones and the HifiRose don't need or have DSP chips doesn't seem correct:

What is a digital signal processor? (collimator.ai)

quote from the link above:
    upload_2023-11-15_15-18-43.png

The Digital Signal Processor DSP in Mobile Phone- Myphontech

Quote from the link above:
    upload_2023-11-15_15-21-33.png

I maybe mistaken, but according to this information most modern smartphones have built in DSP chips nowadays.

I could not find any information about the Rose 250, but it would not surprise me if this doesn't have a built in DSP chip as well. Prove me wrong.

7. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

Maybe I am wrong, but I do not see DSP chips in the Rose 250. For smartphones you created a doubt to me

8. kc001

kc001 Active Member

I can't check the internals of the Hifi Rose 250, but just checked it's user manual, and it has 2 interesting features:

upload_2023-11-15_16-35-42.png

9. Amrut

Amrut New Member

Any changes of getting this to use with HQplayer?
    Possible HQplayer NAA?

atomic garden likes this.
  10. atomic garden

atomic garden Member

For me it would be good the opposite way, sending all audio to HQP using UPnP.

But as NAA it would be cool also, depends on your setup.

11. atomic garden

atomic garden Member

I would like to see an option to set the delay of the VU and spectrum analyzer , for example a range of 0 to 5000 ms. It could even be set with API, not needing a GUI option.

This is useful for those who use external DSP (for example HQPlayer) that adds latency for audio playback. With that control, we could match the timing of the VU/spectrum with the sound.

12. Dusty

Dusty Member

Add me to the list of people that want parametric eq in A6.

13. Peter Wallop

Peter Wallop Active Member

Request for future update - Amazon issue for me, but may well apply to other services:

This may have been mentioned before (apologies if so) but, when navigating the Amazon playlist in the Control Ap using iPad (landscape), you can only drag a single track in edit before the Ap snaps out of edit and the playlist reverts back to the top again. You then have to swipe down the playlist again, locate the current track playing and repeat the process. This isn’t too much of an issue with a short playlist, but a total pain with a playlist of a couple of hundred tracks! Any chance of playlist edit mode permitting multiple ‘drags’ and the track currently playing to be sticky, rather than snapping back to the top of the playlist?

Also, pre-native Amazon (using the Amazon Ap in Cast) used to allow the Atmos & 360 Audio versions. Most were meh, but a few were amazing. Any chance that we could have that functionality back again?

FYI: for me, all the historical Amazon quality/clunkiness issues are resolved and native Amazon is working perfectly - thank you!:)

14. vekanoid

vekanoid New Member

For me, top 3 requests are:

1. Replay Gain option
    for FLAC playback from library (and also for Tidal option "Same volume for all tracks")

2. Improve Remote Controller app UI :
    • missing option in music library to play Folder content including all subfolders
    • better Tidal UI organization because we need easy acces to "My Collection" and "Tracks", but not Home, Releases and other non important things to always see first
    • add possibility to edit Tracks order
    • jump to album from current song in Tidal (there is only jump to author, but not album)
    • jump to DMP-A6 settings directly from every UI part (for example while we are in Tidal, we want to try other DAC filter. So we need to go back and leave Tidal to change filter, and after that again go into Tidal to play song again). Very unconvinient.
    3. Make bigger audible differences in DAC filters (99% of us didn't noticed any difference if there is any)

Miki222, atomic garden and octavius like this.
  15. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

These DAC filters are not sound-coloring ones; are the analogue reconstruction filters used by the DAC itself. The fact you almost cannot hear any difference is normal; you'd need an extremely known (to you) track, and a very trained ear to discover differences.

16. vekanoid

vekanoid New Member

I think that is not normal, because on other DACs (i.e. RME Adi-2 FS) you can easly hear the difference. But in EverSolo DMP-A6 dac, differences are on placebo level, even if we use very well known tracks for us in Hi-End level systems.
    May I ask, why those exists if the difference is not audible? :)

17. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I think you are right you must have a very resolving system to be able to hear those filter changes; why do you hear them easily with the ADI-2, and not so with the A6 I cannot say.
    I for one can only hear a faint difference between the "slow-roll-off" and the "brickwall" filters of my Z8; and even so I need to be extremely concentrate, and try to remember exactly the sound passages I am scrutinizing - which is not easy, as our audio-memory is very short, usually shorter than the time needed to swich such filters and re-play the same audio sample...
    In the and I use the fast-roll-off, as it is the default, and it is the one that usually is described as the best-measuring in various technical reviews.

David Sharp, octavius and vekanoid like this.
  18. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

It is in my review:
    The integrated Digital Filters may be causing some confusion as these are advertised as meeting personal preferences which may put you on the wrong foot making you think it is an equalizer.
    These in reality are Sabre chip DAC integrated PCM and DSD filters working in the frequency spectrum above 20 kHz and normally as such inaudible. They are meant specifically to filter undesired side-effects of the DAC conversion which some persons may be sensitive too. This mostly in form of fatigue listening for longer periods via a headset. In most cases the defaults will be just fine but they can be set as desired. You may hardly hear any difference or hear no difference at all which is very normal.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2023
    Rex likes this.
  19. vekanoid

vekanoid New Member

Yes, I agree DAC filters shouldn't be as EQ, but some audible differences like softness in the sound, clarity, closer/further vocals, stage size etc, should be slightly audible. All these sound parameters is not possible to change with EQ, but should be possible to change with DAC filters. At least, on other DACs filters do the thing like that.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2023
  20. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

I can tell the differences across filters, especially between LP Fast roll-off and MP slow roll-off. First sounds more powerful, the second smoother with attenuated treble