How old are the DMP-A6 owners?

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by curael, Nov 11, 2023.

?

How old are you?

1. 18-29

2. 30-35

3. 36-40

4. 41-50

5. 51-60

6. 61-65

7. 66-70

8. 71+

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BarHan

BarHan New Member

I was 17 years young when the first message was sent via Arpanet. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in the rain, let's listen to the Eversolo.

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

OMG,
    Although there might be older "elements" in this group, actually the way you told us how young you are, makes a difference, at least for me (in the IT industry since 1982).
    You could have said "I was born just a handful of years after WWII's end", but it wouldn't have brought in the same vibe... Cheers mate.

Eki Shaw and BarHan like this.
  3. wcseow

wcseow Member

Lol.... that is a good DAC

Mister L, Nutul and curael like this.
  4. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

Think one had to change the spiral cable into a straight one to reduce jitter... :):):)

wcseow likes this.
  5. kc001

kc001 Active Member

lol, that's the only one I didn't have to put up with - still got a ton of old modems (us robotics,Intel satiFAXion etc) :)

6. curael

curael Member

My new/old setup.

I use the Kenwood KA-9150 amp from 1980 as my music amplifier for stereo listening. It doesn't sound "flat" or precise I think, but it sounds FUN and great to my ear. I think that's a product of the time and something that has been lost a bit to time. I much prefer the extra warmth/body it adds to the mids.

I also owned and recapped an old SA-708 from Pioneer, the blue line, it was more entry level but also had more warmth to it. It just has a more chunky sound - and I like that. The Pioneer has since been sold but I enjoyed it a lot. This Kenwood is 20kg and dual mono from start to end. 180 watts into a 4 Ohm load. Damn.

I've acquired these old devices over a few years now and done repairs to them. I really like physical media. But I also need a streamer of course. :D

My cats are named Arthur and Luna. :p

PXL_20231113_141229174.jpg PXL_20231113_141239291.jpg PXL_20231113_141250819.jpg

Last edited: Nov 13, 2023
    Eki Shaw, Bonzo and David Sharp like this.
  7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Clearly an omission to further divide up the age ranges.
    50-60
    60-70
    70-80
    80+
    That says something about the expectation.

I see that younger people have far lower sound quality requirements. Many love Youtube obviously with images which has become vital for many.
    It is not about the money just looking at what they spend on phones, watches, cars and drinks just to mention a few trivial things.

8. curael

curael Member

I'm sorry, I thought about that later. I didn't know it would be SO high ages mostly, lol. 60+ says nothing. I apologize.

9. Nice Monkey

No need to apologize. Interesting poll which even surprised me a bit. Vital piece of marketing info for Eversolo. :D

Eki Shaw likes this.
  10. curael

curael Member

:D

I think in a way it also says something about importance of music today. I always say many are happy with laptop speakers and YouTube quality.

It is certainly a niche to like great sound. And possibly also has something to do with age. Or interest at least? I am not sure.

But I am very alone as 35 year old when it comes to really appreciate sound and buy into it. If I think a little about it it might be a dwindling affair.

Today is just "place a Sonos speaker and we're done." You know?

11. Nice Monkey

Esthetics are an important factor too. No big speakers please; a sound bar will nicely do for cinema sound doesn't it?
    Have a pair of JBL Charge wireless speakers (configured in stereo) which come along when travelling anywhere.

12. curael

curael Member

Yeah true.

I must admit I have measly small Nest Mini speakers in every room and in the morning hours it's lovely to just throw some music onto them and just listen until I have to leave. I'm only picky when I WANT to listen.

But there really is nothing better than throwing a wonderfully mastered album onto the big rig and just sit back and take it all in.

13. curael

curael Member

I updated the poll and made it possible to change vote. Might work. :)

14. Peter Wallop

Peter Wallop Active Member

I love that you’re chilled enough to allow your cat to sleep on your turntable lid -mine loves my amp!:)

curael likes this.
  15. curael

curael Member

Haha. He never scratches it. He just lays on it haha. :D I was sorta worried at first but.. No issues so far. ;)

Peter Wallop likes this.
  16. Nice Monkey

Changed mine, so it works for those taking the effort to do so. :p

curael likes this.
  17. Nice Monkey

Strange preference. An AMP which is warm I understand better.

curael likes this.
  18. curael

curael Member

You know, sometimes he sits on the record player, and stares into the empty TV reflection and he howls for minutes on end LOL! He has some sort of obsession with looking into the void. I think he sees subtle reflections in there and it really confuses him. I almost feel bad sometimes.

19. curael

curael Member

Good man :D

20. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

changed from 60 to 61 just for the right statistics :p

curael likes this.