K400 Logitech, i see it but doesn't work

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Fender72, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Fender72

Fender72 New Member

Hi all,
    I'm a newbie with zidoo, May I ask to all of you how to fix this problem? My K400 is in the Input option, but It doesn't seem to work at all. Any suggestions?

Firmware: latest

thank you so much
    F.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  2. Fender72

Fender72 New Member

Please, any suggestion? It's strage i think 'cause of the keyboard works fine with my PC and WDlive.

3. Fender72

Fender72 New Member

Hi again, As you can imagine i cannot use the interface without a keyboard. Someone can explain whyt it doesn't work?
    please help!
    F.

4. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Sorry. I'm using a Airmouse and can use it without any problem.
    Maybe no other here use K400 keyboard.

5. jamil

jamil Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Do you connect other drives on usb3.0?
    You can only connect K400(usb3.0 don't connect anythings),or connect K400 on usb3.0,
    or use a USB extension cable connect K400.

6. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

I have no problem with my Logitech MK520 keyboard & Mouse combo connected to the X9S via a USB wireless dongle that is attached at the end of a 0.5m USB cable extension. Reason for the extension cable is to stay clear of interference from the X9S and the TV.

I also want to add that I have a HDD connected to SATA port, USB HDD on USB3.0 port, and MK520 on USB2.0 port

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  7. Fender72

Fender72 New Member

well, i have used a USB 2.0 not 3.0, but i think it could work anyway. I get good connection judging by the information that comes from the system. Unfortunatly the keyboard doesn't work at all. Thanks in any case. I'm going to try with a different port, and, or, keyboard. What do you think about the Rii Mini i8?

8. PacoRabanne

Fender72, mine is a Rii Mini i24 Fly, that works perfectly. The dongle is inserted in a external USB 2.0 hub, that is connected (of course) to one of the two USB 2.0 ports of X9S. So is not so close to X9S itself... But I currently don't use the USB 3.0 port nor the SATA port, so maybe I'm not in the potentially "interference" situation.
    If I don't remember wrong, some other users successfully uses Rii Mini i8, but you must check it yourself searching in the forum (using my signature Google trick) or elsewhere. Don't trust my memory!

9. Fender72

Fender72 New Member

i24 model seems to be more powerfull and comfortable than the i8

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  10. Ecko

Ecko New Member

I'm using the Logitech K830 with a unify receiver and all works well. At first it did not work. I installed the unify software on a PC, tested it with the K830 keyboard and once that was working I simply removed the receiver and plugged it into the X9S and all worked after that. It is plugged into the USB 2.0 Port.

11. Fender72

Fender72 New Member

I see. So did you saw the Keyb on to the input settings? I mean, I always see it on the system but it does not work.

12. Ecko

Ecko New Member

I can check this later today, it was plug and play for me.

13. Ecko

Ecko New Member

I had a look in the input and keyboard settings, and it lists logitech usb receiver as the interface. I also have a k400r, which I tested right out the box with its own usb receiver and that worked as well.

14. PacoRabanne

I remember a discussion on X6 Pro forum about K400 and K400r keyboards, that (of course) are not the same and behave differently.
    But can't confirm. I've a different keyboard.