Eversolo music player doesn't play very beginning of song file

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Riley, Jul 1, 2023.

1. The SSD was not formatted or anything similar, it remained untouched.

Alan Rutlidge likes this.
  2. ChrisMu

ChrisMu Member

Hi,
    I just found from Facebook that a new firmware have been released
    NEW OFFICIAL FIRMWARE V1.2.10 FOR DMP-A6,

https://www.facebook.com/groups/357...5360254502&notif_t=group_highlights&ref=notif

On the changed log they said:
    "6. Optimized the problem that the track start sound will be lost when the sampling rate and format are changed."

I wonder if this solved or not the problem, the main problem of playing the very beginning of the first song file in a list.
    Please let me know about.

3. eric1403

eric1403 New Member

Yes, it's been solved. I did a couple of days of beta testing with Zidoo.Bob to check the work on the firmware.
    In my system all the previous tracks with issues now play fine!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2023
  4. ChrisMu

ChrisMu Member

Excellent news !! Thank you very much ! I have two more questions:

1. Is this new firmware valid for both standard and master edition of Eversolo ?
    2. Can this firmware be used on upgrading Zidoo Neo S, or, I guess, I need to wait for a different dedicated firmware for Neo S ?

They promised that the future firmwares will solved the problem on both devices, Eversolo AND Neo S.

5. eric1403

eric1403 New Member

Don't thank me, thank the Eversolo team :)

1 The firmware should work on both standard and master edition versions
    2 I have no idea...

Their answer can also mean they apply the same solution to the firmware, not that it is the same firmware...

6. ChrisMu

ChrisMu Member

I understand, and I already sent a thanking message to the engineers, and I thank you also for answering my questions. Now I am definitely looking forward for buying an Eversolo device ... as soon as possible.

7. eric1403

eric1403 New Member

You should, I think it's a fantastic device. It works great as a streamer, it plays everything you throw at it, even SACD-ISO files. I also use Qobuz and that works great too.
    The DAC in my Master Edition version is fine too, and I can also hook it up to my external DAC (the sound of which I prefer on some tracks).
    But I am truly impressed with the quality of the Eversolo support. It's hands-down a dedicated, hard-working team that comes up with solutions really fast!

kc001 likes this.
  8. ChrisMu

ChrisMu Member

Great !, so I might be focusing to buy the Master Edition ... and since Black Friday is approaching, which is once per year, that could be a great opportunity. Yes, I agree with you.

9. eric1403

eric1403 New Member

Well I was torn between the standard and master edition... because on "USB Out" there should not be an audible difference between them, as opposed to SPDIF, Toslink, and the internal DAC, all of which perform better on the master edition. I chose the master edition anyway ;-)

Partly FOMO, partly because the orange volume LED is really pretty :p:p:p

Peter Wallop likes this.
  10. Mantis Toboggan

Mantis Toboggan New Member

Are you using internal or external DAC?

In my system, using external Denafrips Hermes and Pontus 2, the beginning of tracks is still cut off.

I created a playlist of tracks with varying sample rates to test. One of 16/44, 24/44, 48, 88, 96 and 192. With shuffled play, the beginning of the track is cut off whenever the track changes.

11. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

External DACs may require some specific approach, which may not be the priority now. The device does have a DAC, and it seems to be working perfectly now in terms of stream parameters change.

12. eric1403

eric1403 New Member

I use:
    • Musical Fidelity MX-DAC as my external DAC (which worked perfectly with all types of data streams and sample rates)
    • DMP-A6 internal DAC(which works perfectly as of V1.2.10)
    So the issue I had was with the internal DAC.

Do you use USB or Toslink/SPDIF with your external DACs?

13. Mantis Toboggan

Mantis Toboggan New Member

I'm currently using USB. I was also having issues with coax with previous firmware but haven't tried coax with the new firmware.

14. eric1403

eric1403 New Member

I guess it all comes down to synergy between the A6 and the external DAC.

My Musical Fidelity MX-DAC switches between format (PCM vs DSD/DoP), but not between the frame rates inside the format (PCM 44.1 vs 96 etc.).
    The beginning of the track is lost only when the MX switches between formats.

My Marantz NA11 DAC switches every time you choose a new track or format (quite annoying actually), but only with the A6 (not with my MacBook as a streamer).
    Luckily it does switch much faster than the MX-DAC, so the beginning of the track is not missed.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2023
  15. ChrisMu

ChrisMu Member

Hi, ... just few days ago this new model has been announced :

https://www.eversolo.com/Product/spec/model/DMP-A8/target/uXoirEESmeVKKmVViAFMcQ==.html

I wonder ... if it really plays all tracks from the very beginning ... because as far as I can see there are improvements on: a) new DACs, b) New volume control, c) DSD 768kHz, d) Dual power supply. There are also other improvements as in the internal memory,... 64GB instead of 32 but that is only import if someone wish to install a huge lot of applications. This type of eMMC full form refers to embedded MultiMediaCard.

Shall I stick with A6 Master ? ... as now it seems the latest firmware solved the problem of playing all tracks from the very beginning ? I am ready to buy a Master Edition. I am afraid A8 could be very expensive and ... here we have Black Friday. A8 is not selling yet ... it was only announced as a new product forthcoming.

16. eric1403

eric1403 New Member

When I first got the A6 Master Edition the playback issue was very apparent, but only when using the internal DAC, I had no issues with my external DAC.
    I reported the issue and was asked by Zidoo to help beta testing... the resulting beta firmware and then the official firmware fixed the issue. AFAIK it was was very much a software issue. I don't think this should be a deciding factor in choosing the A8 over the A6ME.

And the A6ME is a very good product: you can use the internal DAC and upgrade to an external DAC to get an even better sound.

I think I read somewhere the A8 will be released in December, retailing for about $2000...

17. ChrisMu

ChrisMu Member

Thank you very much Eric, so you also confirm that with the new firmware A6 Master Edition is playing ok, each track from the very beginning. Wow, 2000$ is quite a lot for these A8 upated features, almost double then the A6 Master Edition ... at least with its new orice of Black Friday. So, I rather hurry to buy this one at less then 1200$ and it will be just ok.

18. eric1403

eric1403 New Member

Yes, I was really frustrated with the playback issue so I contacted Zidoo. They asked me to send them test tracks (some DSF files were very problematic) and they would tweak the firmware, ask me to install it and then test again. I was very impressed with how cooperative the software engineers were and how quickly they solved the issue. I have never seen that before!

About the A8: it's a beautiful machine that, in my opinion, ticks a lot of the right boxes: improved power supply, more digital inputs, better pre amp function, and so on.
    I don't know if it would be a better choice for me, since I use the A6ME as a streamer and my own DAC. But it is really pretty :):):):)

Alan Rutlidge likes this.
  19. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 1, 2023
  20. RingoG

RingoG New Member

Hi - i am also new with a A6 - and the main reason was playing amazon music hd.
    ... when playing a playlist nearly every song starts not correct - it sucks at the beginning!
    ... is there a workaround to fix this - I think this is a "no go"!