Can't access share on Zidoo from W7 pc

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Murfie121, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Murfie121

Murfie121 New Member

Hello,

Since the OTA update to 1.2.11 i can't access the share from my windows pc's its a harddisk connected via the Sata port on the ZIDOO. Before i was on 1.2.3 and everything worked fine. I the connection is there but as soon as i try to open a something a folder or file it says permission denied. Any Idea how i can solve this issue?

Regards,

Thomas

2. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

3. Wang

Wang Member

1.2.10 was working for me. Updated to 1.2.11 last night , no problems. Turn the box on today and can,t connect to smb .... keeps asking for password. Just going to do a factory reset and try 1.2.9 and see if that works

4. Wang

Wang Member

Went back to 1.24 then to 1.2.8 , turned pc and router off , restarted and seems to be working now

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

all you need is to go in openwrt in system/backup and reset openwrt. then do the share again. it will work

6. Wang

Wang Member

Thanks HaoSs , didn't need to reset openwrt ... updated to 1.2.11 again and all working ok

7. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

HaoSs, asked you in another topic but asking here since it is more related to shares... Resetting through system/backup will reset ONLY OpenWRT and not the whole machine, right? I mean, it won't perform factory reset on the android part, right?

8. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

OpenWRT and Android are two (almost) completely separed OS, running concurrently, and sharing (AFAIK) only kernel.
    If I'm not wrong, OpenWRT "system/backup" is unrelated to Android.
    Can't confirm directly...

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

yes. that option will only reset openwrt

10. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

Great. Thanks!