Do you also hear some sparkling grain?

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Bluenight, Sep 1, 2023.

1. Bluenight

Bluenight Member

I hear it very faint from time to time similar to some vinyl crackling but very faint. With coax to external dac. Haven't checked internal dacs sound.

I wonder if it's the streamer or anything else going on in my system. So not the black background i would hope for.

Aliaxandr likes this.
  2. Aliaxandr

Aliaxandr New Member

I have same issue. Time to time, specially after switching “ON” EverSolo, some sparking sound coming from speakers (like static). I had before no issue with it, when used RCA connectors. But after installed XLR cables I get this issue upload_2023-9-1_14-32-57.png

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Level too high that way? I don't see any advantage using XLR (unless the distance is (very) large) myself.

4. Aliaxandr

Aliaxandr New Member

No, it’s same at high and low level of volume.

5. Aliaxandr

Aliaxandr New Member

IMG_6771.jpeg IMG_6770.jpeg Trying reconnect RCA and compare with newly installed XLR. Looks like issue with XLR only. Anyway, my opinion, sound via RCA more suitable for me. Will remain on RCA. XLR not best sound for me, plus some sound “sparks” from speakers. By the way, XLR cable just purchased and new “ INAKUSTIK Premium Audio Cable, XLR, 1.5 m”.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2023
  6. Bluenight

Bluenight Member

Mine grain seem to be around the music it self.

7. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

I have heard this too. Its not consistent, but seems to be connected to the music itself. I was listening to some old school baroque guitar, and there was a definite static like noise surrounding the guitar movements. I stopped the music, started over, and it was no longer there. Weird.

CD > Toslink > A6 > RCA Analog > Receiver > Amp > Speakers.

8. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

Mine happened as the first thing played after turning the A6 "on."

9. Bluenight

Bluenight Member

On certain tracks i can hear that too. That its not consistent at the same time stamp and sometimes i dont hear it. But on some tracks it sound consistent so i guess it could be the recording then.

10. Bluenight

Bluenight Member

Maybe it's certain recordings?
    Do you also hear sparkling grain on this track?
    Jason isbell and the 400 unit-Save The World. First 1 min its obvious to me.
    I am using Quboz.
    Anyone can test this and report back?

11. Aliaxandr

Aliaxandr New Member

In my case this “sparks” comes from any source, but via BAL-XLR connection only. No any issues via RCA.

12. Figasse

Figasse New Member

Jason Isbell and the 400 unit "Save The World" on Amazon HD -> A6-> USB -> DAC -> XLR -> PreAmp -> Amp -> Speakers. No sparkling sounds.

13. Aliaxandr

Aliaxandr New Member

I have issues with connection as follow: A6 -> BAL-XLR ANALOG OUT - > Amp Primare I32 - > BAL-XLR ANALOG IN - > Speakers Dynaudio Focus 260

14. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

1. note that you should bypass the vlume on the A6, that is, having it output at 0dB to the Primare.
    2. I cannot remember what is the maximum output on the XLRs, but maybe it exceeds the 4.2V and that maybe clips the Primare inputs? If so, then, try to have the A6 on volume mode, and try the volume at, say, -6dB, and check if it still clicks/pops.

15. Aliaxandr

Aliaxandr New Member

I’m waiting for new unit. EverSolo suggested to exchange it.

Figasse and Nutul like this.
  16. Bluenight

Bluenight Member

Oh. I think it sounds more like distortion though on that track. Can you hear that?
    Someone else on another forum also heard issues with that recording. Maybe its only faulty on Qobuz.

Also i heard the same when connected Headphones to my smartphone playing same tracks on the phone. So for me i am settled with that its inherent in the recordings. So no faulty unit for me.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2023
  17. Aliaxandr

Aliaxandr New Member

I have this issue on Tidal, Qobuz and all other sources. This issue via BAL-XLR ANALOG OUT only, no problem at all on RCA ANALOG OUT.

18. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

So it definitely looks like an incompatibility to the V levels... Usually RCA ~2V, XLR ~4V.
    If your amp allows strictly 4V on the XLRs, then you need to lower the volume on the A6, as IIRC at 0dB it outputs far more than 4V, and this could clip the input of the AMP...

19. Aliaxandr

Aliaxandr New Member

How to lower volume, as I bypass volume control on EverSolo?

20. Don1023

Don1023 New Member

I have heard this distortion on my Master edition, playing local files. I thought I had a bad tweeter. I rebooted the streamer and my dac. Noise went away, and I have not heard it after several hours of use. I have mine connected USB to dac.