No update, we are alone

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Android-Matze, Aug 10, 2023.

1. Android-Matze

Android-Matze New Member

Leider finde ich, dass wir mit den neuen Boxen einfach im Stich gelassen werden, es kommt einfach kein neues Update rein.
    Samba funktioniert immer noch nicht unter Windows.
    Was eigentlich schade ist.
    Dass derzeit einfach nichts kommt

Venmaster likes this.
  2. Svenald

Svenald New Member

Try google translate

3. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

He said that
    I would be happy if it was only samba for me, I can't even play mkv files, at least most of the time they hang immediately after starting.
    I shared the debug log a few days ago

4. Paul10mmring

Paul10mmring Member

So it weeks later no samba fix, just meant to put up with it ? My Z20 works when it wants plays when it wants it's just embarrassing I told people to buy these boxes and now I have to explain I have no idea when this will be fixed it at all.Should have at least have basic functions working they are not fit for purpose and buyers are being mislead

Venmaster likes this.
  5. Uto Tente

Uto Tente New Member

6. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

No playback issues on my z2000 pro with h265 mkv. I rip blu-rays in that format.

7. Venmaster

Venmaster Member

Same, I've no issues with mkv either.

8. Uto Tente

Uto Tente New Member

Trust me... try to play MVK HEVC in 1920 x 816, or 1920 x 1008, oooppppssss what appened?

obviously, we all take it for granted, that if you were playing videos at 1920x1080 it was the minimum required to be able to read them, at the level of a $15 Chinese setBOX, it must be able to!!!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2023
  9. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

I looked up a movie with 1920x816 in mkv x265. It worked.

Can you give a sample of what movie doesnt work..or upload a sampel somewhere? I am curious

10. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

Has been over a month since last update (v1.0.52).

11. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Clearly these boxes, like all previous Zidoo boxes, have no problem at all with correctly encoded HEVC or h.265 MKV files.

If you have trouble playing HEVC then look at the files, not the box.

And quite obviously aspect ratio and/or resolution has nothing at all to do with it.

upload_2023-8-25_17-9-39.png

upload_2023-8-25_17-10-10.png

Venmaster, darky_zidoo and xskip like this.
  12. geebolt

geebolt Member

Using Handbrake I just transcoded a DVD to 1920 x 1008 and H.265 as an MKV. It plays just fine on my 2600.

Venmaster and darky_zidoo like this.