New Z20pro - can’t see files inside Samba Internal Drive folder

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by David Dean, Jul 20, 2023.

1. geebolt

geebolt Member

Okay, I just copied a 39.8gb file from the internal drive of the Zidoo to my PC with no problem. However, trying to copy the same file from the PC back to the Zidoo results in that error. I typically remove the internal drive and mount it in a USB caddy to my PC to copy large files to the Zidoo drive which is why I haven't seen this before. Still, having an SMB share that works outweighs this issue and I'll leave it formatted exfat until Zidoo fixes the NTFS issue. I'm grateful you posted the exfat solution earlier.

2. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

yes this is a bug of windows with large files and exfat. That's why it works great on Mac and Android to Windows. But unfortunately not from Windows to Android. At least if the files are of a certain size. around 17GB, I don't know exactly from what size the error occurs. I just wanted to let you know that formatting your disks to exfat is not a permanent solution. At least not if you want to copy large files from Windows to the Zidoo.

geebolt likes this.
  3. video939

video939 New Member

Any update on this? Have they mentioned about fixing it?

4. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Let us know if you can try to make an NTFS HDD empty folder 11-22-33 then connect to the Zidoo and check if you see all folders.
    This bug looks to be connected with path regex because UUID format difference 419A-6AC6 vs 345E57E89E123EA4.
    Enjoy Zidoo player.

5. video939

video939 New Member

Didn't work.

I can copy files to the harddrive no problem.
    upload_2023-8-25_9-32-3.png

Just empty folder they show up on the hard drive and run with no issues

6. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Thanks for testing, looks like only works if "-" are in the UUID.

7. geebolt

geebolt Member

It's a Windows thing. NTFS formatting doesn't seem to work and EXFAT formatting won't work when copying from a PC to the Zidoo if the file is something like 17 or 18 gb or larger

8. SebaFR74

SebaFR74 New Member

Hi, is any news for all the problem ? i juste recevied mine, but i didn't tested it, i put the 16 TB in my pc windows with sata, and create a NTFS partition.
    Is it the best way, is everyone having the issue of hiding folder ?

i will see tomorrow, if i dont see the folder i copied in, i will have to format in exfat ? and wait for the network copy problem ? thanks

9. Qayal

Qayal New Member

If you format the disc with NTFS in Windows it will see folders just fine, you may get errors when copying large files but if you just click try again they will work.

But TBH I found just using a USB3 caddy is a lot easier and more reliable until they fix the network share problems.

10. SebaFR74

SebaFR74 New Member

Thanks, so i formated my hdd in NTFS, work in ziddo and in caddie usb in my windows.
    But i can't see the folder like eveyone, in share windows network.

I only the uuid of the hdd, and a hiddenf older .HomeTheater, and see files inside.

I hope they will not resolve this issues in many month !

Thanks

11. SebaFR74

SebaFR74 New Member

Hi, i copied files yesterday, and i dont why, but now i see a folder, i have created !
    But i dont know if i did from zidoo or my pc !

I need to try to create a new folder from zidoo, and check if i see it from my windows network samba.
    So strange !

Anyone had the same thing ? or you never see the folder ?

12. SebaFR74

SebaFR74 New Member

I wonder if it's working, when you connect the hdd on your pc with sata, and if you create a folder, you can see it later, and not when the Hdd if connected to your PC with USB enclosure.

13. Ashwin R

Ashwin R New Member

Looking forward to a fix. I have a Network drive with all my movie backups. Looking to use this drive as backup (Mirror) for failsafe. Currently trying out the workarounds herein.

14. Marten

Marten New Member

Try this fix:

On a windows machine go to the properties of the drive.
    Click on advanced in the security tab.
    Change the owner to Everyone and give Everyone full control

This fixed the poblem for me

Oh forgot to mention i formatted it as NTFS with 4K cluster size

upload_2023-11-30_20-11-55.png

15. Marten

Marten New Member

Unfortunately it did only fix it temporary.

Now two days later files are dissapearing from the share, while they are still visible in the poster wall and file explorer.
    Very weird bug. Hope it will be fixed soon as i cant use a synctool as long as it can't compare the two drives.