Just after some info on the Z9X pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by mattmarsden, Aug 16, 2023.

1. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Does the Z9X pro change framerate without first playing the video for a few frames? The Z9X was meant to do be able to do this but didn’t. Also are black levels etc good in HDR mode?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not that I've noticed - I just set Resolution to 1080p60 SDR, Auto HDR, Auto FrameRate and Auto Resolution on and played 4K23 and 4K23 content and didn't see this.

Video blacks levels are the same as previous generations, so pretty much spot on.

There is one caveat at the moment - black bars in cropped content are slightly above black in certain circumstances, but this was fixed on the Z9X so hopefully will be fixed soon here:

upload_2023-8-16_9-21-45.png

Remember, this IS NOT elevated levels in video content, only the background layer over which cropped video is laid.

upload_2023-8-16_9-22-49.png

xskip likes this.
  3. fnhanks

fnhanks Member

So if you use anamorphic mode on a projector with an a-lens, this wouldn't affect you since those are cutoff, right? Making sure I fully understand this.

4. Markswift2003

Correct - you expand out to full frame so the black bars are irrelevant.

fnhanks likes this.
  5. mattmarsden

Hi Mark, any update from Zidoo if they are working on the cropped content black bars issue?

6. mattmarsden

Mark, also do the 2.35:1 squeeze modes work exactly the same as they do for 1619DR?

7. Markswift2003

I believe so but I haven't seen anything yet.

Yes, exactly the same.