Zidoo Z9X with Netflix 4K HDR

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by wcale, Apr 23, 2023.

Tags:
  1. wcale

wcale New Member

Has anyone managed to successfully run Netflix 4K HDR on Zidoo Z9X?

I make to work Netflix 7.44.0 build 5 34701 (Full HD HDR is working fine). But this version has no 4K resolution

Netflix Kodi (ZBMC) also works with 1080p and should with 4K

Last edited: Apr 25, 2023
    joyma and DonnieYen like this.
  2. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

3. wcale

wcale New Member

Yes, you're right, but only with official apps.
    I'm using modded Netflix app (It shows Widevine L1). And Netflix for Kodi. And for Kodi, there is strange thing, I set up this add-on for 4K and Netflix hangs when I tried to run any 4K content, but it works with 1080p HDR 60fps. I tried mess a little with ENS config and found that there is a problem. So I ordered apple firestick 4K (broken) and then I will change this ESN number. So it should work with 4K.
    And one more thing about any streaming apps. I have YT app (the one without any ADs and for zidoo remote controll), and it works perfectly playing: 4K 60fps HDR. So there is no problem with streaming.

4. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

I don't count YT as streaming and if you have no problems with streaming then I'm happy for you.
    It would be great if you could do that with Netflix too, Zidoo can't do it. But, it worked in 4K about 1.5 years ago.

5. Why would you go through the trouble of buying a broken Firestick to try and spoof the ESN from it to your Zidoo when you could just buy a working Firestick and solve ALL of your issues with getting support for official streaming apps?

As we said in the other thread, you are not going to get it to work. Many people have tried. These devices do NOT have the proper licensing/entitlements from Netflix/Hulu/HBO/whoever for the streaming apps to work.

As Bill said, Youtube is not the same as Netflix. So it doesnt matter that you can play 4K on Youtube....that doesn't mean you are going to be able to play Netflix in 4K as you have clearly already noticed seeing as you bought a broken device that is actually certified to try and spoof information from to try to get around this fact.

6. wcale

wcale New Member

Hi

I got Firestick and it's not broken, the remote on off button was not working I cleaned this and it works.

So I installed into this Firestick Netflix, YouTube mod without the ADs, and Kodi. Surprisingly it works with: 4K (2160p), 60fps, HDR10, and sound 7.1. The video files was directly from NAS server
    Everything plays smoothly.

It's hard to say, but this Firestick works much better than Z9X! And it costs (in my case $15, because it was sold as broken) much less than Zidoo. So I don't understand now, why Zidoo didn't get licenses for their products for Netflix?

And Firestick not only plays mkv files with the same quality as Z9X, but I can see it is much faster load, rewind, faster menu and so on. It works much faster. Better menu configuration. It automatically connect with my Alexa, it found the projector and amplifier, and I can control all devices from one remote controller. When I push power button, then my amp and projector and this firestick turning on (or off). And the configuration takes 5min.

Zo I will leave as it is for few weeks, maybe month and I will use only this Firestick and probably sell that Z9X.
    Sad but true.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2023
  7. Netflix is not going to give a license to a company making media players based running a mobile version of Android.

If it were that easy to "get" licenses for Netflix, the majority of the companies who make devices like Zidoo would have Netflix licensing.

These devices are for local media playback ONLY.

Anyway, glad you like the Firestick. Different hardware, different OS, different capabilities. The Firestick sounds like its better for your needs.

8. wcale

wcale New Member

The OS is not so different, it's Android also.

Pros (better than Z9X):
    Faster
    Kodi working as fast as on Z9X
    Big Buck Bunny animation (very high quality) works smoothly, on Z9X the animation was too laggy to watch.
    It's playing directly from NAS server from SMB with no problem with subtitles (some of the movie files are about 85GB).

Cons:
    No direct USB access, but there can be splitter connected.

I ordered "XIAOMI MI BOX S MAX 4K ULTRA HD SMART 2" and compare this with Firestick and Z9X and create another thread with comparisons.

9. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

none of these can play HD audio (TrueHD Atmos/DTS-X).

xskip likes this.
  10. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

Fire Cube 3 can play HD/object-based audio.