Z9X Pro Remote

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Andalex, Aug 3, 2023.

1. Andalex

Andalex New Member

The remote that came with the Z9X Pro is practically useless. Black On Black with no backlight. I have to turn the lights on in my media theatre to do anything besides simple menu browsing...

The V12 should be the standard remote, that would save the hassle of ordering it separately. The price difference shouldn't be more than USD 10-15.

2. xskip

xskip Active Member

mine works.
    press the "light" button on the bottom of the remote on the right. :)

LoremIpsum likes this.
  3. Andalex

Andalex New Member

Damn, you are correct.

But even that button is black on black, looks about the same as the others. I did not test every single button to see what they do...
    But it certainly sweetens the deal :)

xskip likes this.
  4. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

Awful remote, I agree. It's a step back from Z9X.

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

What lets it down is no automatic backlight - It's the same remote as the V12 but without a motion sensor and bluetooth. The motion sensor is great - pick it up and the buttons are all illuminated automatically.

With the Pro remote you need to press a button first which means you also send that remote action.

But these boxes always come with a basic remote so nothing stopping you upgrading to a V12.

xskip likes this.
  6. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

The grayish button labels on a black remote don't help.

7. Markswift2003

I've been using a V12 for over a year and it's great - regardless of the light level, when you pick it up, everything's immediately completely legible.

Much nicer than the old Z9X remote.

xskip and hdmkv like this.
  8. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

The new remote is a cost cutting measure. I have both the old and the new remote and there are some plus sides to the new remote.

1. Smaller and lighter, I prefer this.
    2. Smoother buttons. The older one have more stiffer buttons.
    3. I like the middle square section, easier to locate stuff and intuitive button layout.
    4. Not having BT is a + in my book because it frees up the BT for other devices. I don't know if the Z9X Pro or older devices allow dual BT connections along with the remote. My UHD3000 has had issues with the BT remote taking a few seconds to connect, on startup.
    5. The back side has a nice rough texture for extra grip :)

The downsides as others have mentioned.

1. No auto back light. This is not a huge deal breaker as the back light is on the lower right corner, which means once you know it, it's pretty easy to light it up.
    2. It takes 3 AAA batteries, I think they should have gone with 2 AA ones for more capacity. I am not sure how long these will last due to backlighting.

9. Markswift2003

The V12 batteries, again 3 AAAs, last very well so this should be the same.

It's easier to leave the backlight switched on and then activate it using another key each time - I tend to press a cursor key first and they're easy to feel for. If you don't want to send a remote command when you wake it up, use the source button, top right.