Apple Music: Integration Using MusicKit / Apple Music API

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by ammar11, Jun 24, 2023.

1. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Hi Zidoo/EverSolo Wizards,

It was my thought that no other manufacturers have Apple Music with full API integration. But in my video someone commented that the only one that has done it is Sonos.

I'm not a developer, not even in the field so maybe I really have no clue what this is about, but it had me curious, if Sonos can do it, why not everyone else?

I've found there's something called MusicKit that seems like tool to achieve similar goal? Very likely you're already aware but I thought it's worth a discussion.

MusicKit

upload_2023-6-24_8-20-11.png

MusicKit for Android lets you build native Apple Music features into your Android app. Libraries are available to let users sign in to their Apple Music account and play music directly from your app.

Download the MusicKit SDK for Android

Authentication for Apple Music. The Authentication library provides a way to get access tokens to play music or make calls to the MusicKit Web APIs. This library prompts the user to sign in to Apple Music and, if Apple Music isn’t installed on the device, helps the user download it before returning to your app.

Learn more about authentication on Android

Media Playback for Apple Music. The Media Playback library can be used to play songs, albums, and playlists on Apple Music without leaving your app. Your app can also control music playback from the Lock screen or the background.

upload_2023-6-24_8-21-6.png

Apple Music API

upload_2023-6-24_8-26-13.png

Use the Apple Music API to retrieve information about albums, songs, artists, playlists, music videos, Apple Music stations, ratings, charts, recommendations, and the user’s most recently played content. With proper authorization from the user, you can also create or modify playlists and apply ratings to the user’s content. The API can be used with apps for Apple platforms, Android apps, and websites.

Get started. To communicate with the Apple Music service, visit Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles to create a media identifier and private key to sign your developer tokens.

Learn more

Request Music Data with the Apple Music API. Let your app search for songs, playlists, artists, and more. Your app can even request music we think your users will love.

Learn about the Apple Music API

Watch video here:

What do you think @mirror , @Spring @bob ? If you already know about this and this doesn't get that same integration like Tidal or Qobuz I understand. But maybe you can tell us your thoughts on it.

2. Knight_Rider

Knight_Rider Member

3. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

We have evaluated it and found that it cannot obtain direct streams but instead plays through an Apple's own web middleware. And currently there are no high-resolution streams to choose from, so

ammar11 likes this.
  4. Riley

Riley Member

It's because Apple and Sonos have a formal business partnership. Apple sells select Sonos products in their stores and Sonos are Apple's first partner for Spatial Audio.

ammar11 likes this.
  5. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

I see, thanks @mirror .
    Makes sense. Thanks.

6. Riley

Riley Member

The new FioO R7 is the other new entry into the Android OS based streamer with touch screen display game.

Nutul likes this.