Upsampling not working

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Aplusbegalix, Jun 22, 2023.

1. Aplusbegalix

Aplusbegalix New Member

Hi. I use XLR output directly to amp. There is possible to resample output signal to for example 192? I tried to enable "fixed sampling rate output" but I didn't hear any changes in sound. Also on display sample rate is not 192.
    I did something wrong?

BTW there is someone who compared A6 sound quality to Z8? Is it worth buy the Z8 and replace the A6 DAC?

Attached Files:

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Can't say anything about using "fixed sampling rate output" as I am using matching input always.

My own experience is that mere up sampling never brings any real sound improvement.
    There is no magic in improving sound, but there are plenty ways to degrade it. :p

Last edited: Jun 22, 2023
    Nutul and Inti like this.
  3. Aplusbegalix

Aplusbegalix New Member

I did upsampling by ffmpeg in minim serwer. And for me sound quality is better with upsampling or without.

4. Nice Monkey

Never discuss how something sounds as it is subjective by nature. Sharing experiences is always good. ;)
    Will have a look how Eversolo/Zidoo implemented it. Never tried to be honest on their implementation.

5. Aplusbegalix

Aplusbegalix New Member

Maybe it works only for digital output for external dac? I don't understand why I don't hear any difference in sound and display sample rate is not changed. I also don't hear any differences when I change filtres on the fly.

6. Nice Monkey

Just tried and for me it works as expected.
    Set Sampling rate to 176.4 on a 44.1 source and output changes to 176.4 via HDMI or Internal DAC via RCA. My AMP confirms this for HDMI. Always use "Original sampling rate" myself.

Please provide a picture of the player. Rate is under the progress bar PCM ..... kHz

You need to start a new play queue obviously. I used the new clear play queue command which also worked.

7. Aplusbegalix

Aplusbegalix New Member

But what sample rate show you D6 display screen? Do you hear any difference in sound quality? You use analog or Digital output?

8. Nice Monkey

The Displays shows the fixed rate set and so does the APP. Tried bot HDMI (Digital) and DAC (Analog) both adjusting fine to setting.
    No did not hear the difference. Never did as I said before.

Those PCM filters are to filter unwanted secondary DAC sound effects with various algorithms and work above 20 kHz. I can't hear the differences either which is very common.

9. Aplusbegalix

Aplusbegalix New Member

When I set 192 in A6 settings it shows me 44 on display not 192. :/

10. Knight_Rider

Knight_Rider Member

Only on music player can play with sampling rate. Streaming, CD or other apps cannot change the DAC output. ???

11. Aplusbegalix

Aplusbegalix New Member

What you mean? I can only upsample music which is played from installed ssd? I can't upsample music from dnla server?

12. Knight_Rider

Knight_Rider Member

It just for local files playback to do gapleas between different sampling. My DAC is says that hahahaha

https://i.postimg.cc/NMhH2THM/Screenshot-20220801-075818.png

13. Aplusbegalix

Aplusbegalix New Member

14. Nice Monkey

Local files is anything not coming from a server. Local can be NAS (including DLNA), Internal SSD or USB attached drive of any type.

15. Aplusbegalix

Aplusbegalix New Member

So I play files from local minim server. I use dnla. I set fixed sampling rate output to 192. A6 display shows original sampling rate not 192.

16. Nice Monkey

Just try a track via USB. Any USB Stick will do for that.

I avoid uPnP/DLNA myself as it is a family of protocols with many dialects and one never can predict the final result.