Title matches no longer work

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Augster, Jun 19, 2023.

1. Augster

Augster Member

Started a few days ago but now no titles match; neither movies via TMDB nor TV shows via TVDB; neither newly added titles nor existing matched titles.

My UHD3000 definitely can access the internet because it can find and download subtitles and I was able to upgrade to the latest 6.4.42 (I was previously at 6.3.x when I started experiencing the non-matches issue, but upgrading didn’t resolve it).

Anyone else having the same problem? Any solutions?

2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I’ve added quite a few movies and tv series in the last few days and no problems at all. Are you movie folders and file titles named the same as on TMDB?

the latest firmware is 6.4.62. I guess 42 was just a typo?

3. Augster

Augster Member

I haven't changed my naming conventions since the days of by PCH-C200, which I carried over to the Zidoo: My Movie (YYYY).

Even when I try to manually edit the search criteria to something short and obvious, it still finds ZERO matches.

It just suddenly stopped being able to match ANYTHING. If I attempt to Re-Match and existing title already found, it won't find any matches. But it does seem to allow me to change Posters and will list all available posters. Just a big head-scratcher...

In my computer, I can access TMDB and TVDB, so it's not some DNS look-up block, assuming Zidoo uses domain names in it's lookup versus something else (e.g. hardcoded IP).

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Are you using DHCP?

If so, try switching to a static IP address and set the DNS to 8.8.8.8

Obviously set an unused IP address not in the DHCP range...

5. Augster

Augster Member

I double-checked and it say .42 is up-to-date for my UHD3000

6. Augster

Augster Member

I set to manual unused IP, and DNS was auto set to 8.8.8.8 but no joy :-(

7. Netmask

You have to tick the box beta and the latest update has to be applied via USB. You will find it at http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...-z9x-z10-pro-z1000-pro-uhd3000-release.95542/ Scroll down to

UHD3000
    v6.4.62
    http://apidl.zidoo.tv/uhd3000/v6.4.62/UHD3000_P_v6.4.62_202304191433_ota-package.zip
    MD5: 0D908D74CF36848346AFAD455991A61E

v6.4.62_G (Google play)
    http://apidl.zidoo.tv/uhd3000/v6.4.62/UHD3000_P_v6.4.62_G_202304191454_ota-package.zip
    MD5: 62B7E05B071A05C5EBCB52ADE1C1266D

8. Markswift2003

That's really odd.

The fact that the issue started at v6.3.x.x and has continued in subsequent versions seems to rule out any issues with the firmware because HT etc will have been upgraded several times.

However it might be an idea to try a factory reset. Obviously make a note of your settings and back up the HT4 database, although it sounds like it would be worth rescaning once the problem is found.

9. Augster

Augster Member

Well, I'm not sure if the issue was a result of a FW upgrade; I don't recall getting any notices of a FW upgrade was available and/or if an upgrade was automatically performed.

So I'm hesitant in losing my current librarys' matches if a factory reset does not resolve the issue because then I will have lost ALL matches and be staring at generic covers in my UNMATCHED section. If there is a way to backup the current database, I'm not familiar with the procedures.

10. Augster

Augster Member

AH, okay. I didn't know updates like .62 have to be performed via USB. Initially, the BETA checkbox was unchecked and it would say that 6.3.xxx was the current version; checking the box during my troubleshooting showed up 6.4.42, which I upgraded to immediatelyd.

I will find some time to do the USB upgrade and report back results...

11. Markswift2003

I wasn't implying that it was the result of a firmware update, in fact the opposite - you said "I was previously at 6.3.x when I started experiencing the non-matches issue" and since you are now at a later version, that would seem to negate the fact that it is a software issue, at least in the application layer, since the software has been overwritten and the issue is still there.

It could be a problem in the OS layer but without having the box I'm only guessing. It could also arguably be a corruption in the database - such things have very odd ways of manifesting sometimes.

Personally I would backup the current database with a view to using it as a last resort.

I would also export NFO and artwork with a view to scanning using local resources so you don't lose any of the stuff that is matched correctly.

I always use local resources so I can completely wipe a box and get back to where I was in a few minutes.

Both options are in HT4/Settings/Library

Backup just creates a SQLite database file and Export exports NFOs and Poster/Fanart to the movie folders.

12. Augster

Augster Member

Where can I find the procedures for backing up (and restoring if necessary) the database?

13. Markswift2003

14. Augster

Augster Member

Great! I'll try this as soon as I can!

In the meantime, I'm beginning to wonder if this issue has something to do with internet connectivity issues I've been experiencing which the title match issue seems to coincide, but multiple resets of both the cable modem and router have not resolved. Had my cable provider help troubleshoot with me and when we did a hard reset of the cable modem, it seemed to temporarily resolve the connectivity dropouts; I immediately tried doing a Match on the Zidoo but it still failed.

Anywho, the connectivity issues were again present when I woke up this morning so I have a tech coming out Monday to test the lines. Hopefully once we get THAT issue fixed, then maybe this will miraculously fix the Match issues. However, even with the packet drops, the Zidoo was able to perform a FW upgrade as I mentioned earlier, download subtitles, and change Posters on existing Matched titles, so I can't see why just title matches would be failing in the face of the connectivity issues.

15. Augster

Augster Member

So I'm curious: how did you know about this #.62 update? On Zidoo's official website, it shows #.42 is the newest version...

upload_2023-6-23_4-55-13.png

16. Netmask

I knew because I check the sticky regarding firmwares in the Forum and also on McBluna net.

17. Augster

Augster Member

Well, it wasn't my intermittent internet connectivity issues as after that was finally resolved yesterday, my UHD3000 still can't find any title matches.

I've emailed Zidoo tech support to see if they have any resolution before I nuke my database with a factory reset...

18. Augster

Augster Member

What's the difference between 6.4.62 and 6.4.62_G (Google Play)?

I emailed Zidoo tech support and they said try upgrading to one of those first. If that doesn't resolve the issue then try "clean data" under main interface. If that doesn't work, then Restore Factory Settings.

19. Augster

Augster Member

I watched this video and it seems to show a USB drive attached to the Zidoo and this is used for backup and perhaps even local storage of posters, etc. I'm assuming there's no internal USB drive that comes standard with the Zidoo, no (I've never investigated nor looked at the specs; my library is on a NAS)?

So I just need to plug a USB drive: what size is recommended for a 3000-5000+ library?

20. Markswift2003

If your library is on a NAS there's no need to use USB at all. You can save the backup to your NAS - that's what I do.

Augster likes this.