Star Wars in chronological order (including TV show)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Sanzo, Jun 2, 2022.

1. Sanzo

Sanzo New Member

Hi, as the title suggests, is there the possibility of having the star wars saga in chronological order, including the TV series? My Z9X currently splits movies from series for me, so I can't merge them into one folder. The only thing I can do is create a category called STAR WARS but it doesn't allow me to sort the various files the way I like it. In conclusion, is there a way to have both movies and TV series in a single category / collection? I would like to do the same with the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and that is to have the various films and in between the various TV series released over time. Sorry but I used google translate.

2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello,

You have this solution if you want, here is the link to my video tutorial.

And if needed there are other tutorials available for Zidoo devices on my youtube Channel

And don't hesitate to encourage me by subscribing if you liked my videos

see you soon

3. Sanzo

Sanzo New Member

Thanks for your answer. I saw your video and unfortunately it is not what I need. It only allows me to put the movies in order. But I also have the tv series The Mandalorian and I would like to put it between episode VI and VII.

4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

ok I didn't know it didn't work with a mix of TV show and movies

someone will surely have another solution to propose

5. Sanzo

Sanzo New Member

Same for the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I would like to sort the movies and series in the same folder, in chronological order that would be great.

6. Stibone

Stibone New Member

Great video and exactly what I’m trying to do! However I don’t have that icon in the upper right corner to enable editing. Is there something I have to do to enable it or something?

7. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Not currently possible unless the scraper allows the series within the collection. Some do i believe. Zidoo alone cannot do it currently. I have experimented with this before and all above methods have been exhausted. You cannot add a tv series manually to a movie series. There may be a way to manipulate the .db file that zidoo creates to show this but I have not taken that dive at this time. For now its movie arrangement only within a "movie collection"

8. Z49845

Z49845 Member

I use "add to catecory" to create a mix of movies , movies collections and series in a widget, but they are sorted in a fixed way (default alphabetically). If using TMM for creating NFO's you could change the names to something like "10 Episode VI", "11 The Mandalorian", "12 Episode VII" to sort it. Not really pretty, but the only way i think. In TMM you can also enter a sorttitle for movies (used for sorting in movie collections) and series (may be it is used for sorting in the tv show view, but i have not tried it), but there is no sorttitle for movie collections. And i think the category view is not using the sorttitles.