DMP-A6 device name restrictions

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by glc650, Jun 8, 2023.

1. glc650

glc650 Member

The device name restrictions (Settings > About > Device name and the name of the device when it is added to the app for that matter) seem a little excessive. Half the devices on my network have names greater than 15 characters.

2. Boxa

Boxa New Member

Do you name them after Dinosaur species????

3. glc650

glc650 Member

I have a naming convention I use. With close to 100 devices on my network I have to otherwise troubleshooting and ID'ing devices is impossible. Great job missing the whole point though.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2023
  4. Boxa

Boxa New Member

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

NTFS Volume Labels (VL) should be allowed up to 32 characters and may contain most symbols.
    Hope we did not get that VL problem back again with this streamer? There was a notorious VL problem with Zidoo media players in the past.

What happens? They just not display? My VL's contain a list of movie categories present per HDD and may use all 32 positions. Currently my HDD's don't mount and is under investigation.

6. glc650

glc650 Member

I only use Roon with my A6 so I can't speak to any of that. My post was regarding the profile name in the control app and hostname of the device. Off the top of my head, I've got Ubuntu, Debian, HomePod, RoPieee, Apple TV 4K, Chromecast and FireTV devices that are all longer than 15 characters and have no issue being accessed or discovered on my network so I think it is just a legacy thing. Maybe it is an Android limitation that Eversolo can't do anything about.

7. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Can you take a screenshot?
    thanks

8. glc650

glc650 Member

Settings > About > Device name (see pics). I assume this is the host/computer name. Notice the current name without spaces to make sure that wasn't the issue.

There's also My devices > 3 vertical dots > Rename (this appears to just be a name for the device profile).

Attached Files: