If a movie is scanned with wrong info - how to manually change a movieposter and info ?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Peter Romer, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Peter Romer

Peter Romer New Member

Hi
    I have now set up movie folders etc and mostly the online scans works just fine, but I have some that are wrongly named afterwards.
    For example:
    "Green Book" is scanned as a movie called "The Favorite"
    "Seven/Se7en" (with Freeman/Pitt) is scanned as "Seven Landscapes"
    Batman "The Dark Knight Rises" is scanned as "Arthur Christmas".

16 other movies are grouped in Unmatched Videos.
    ("Harts War", "SAW" series of movies, "The Devils Advocate" etc etc.

I have searched for information where to manually change these posters and the movie scan information ?
    and manually type in new information for the 16 that of some reason cannot be scanned.
    And also, if these manual changes can be set somewhere, what about the next time you do an auto scan, is the manual work then reversed so you can start all over or ?

Manual work was sometimes needed with my old MED1000 boxes, and I guess the same is with Z1000 Pro.
    Nothing is perfect :)

Thanks Peter

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Very easy - Highlight the movie you want to change, press "Pop/Menu" and select "Rematch".

You can also do it in the web interface (http://IP_ADDRESS:9528).

However, I have no idea why those movies matched as they did - I can only assume it's your filenames.

Out of curiosity I just created 14 dummy folders and files for the movies you list above and all were identified correctly, including the Saw collection which correctly identified that Spiral doesn't belong to it (although I'd add it manually to be honest).

upload_2022-8-15_12-52-6.png

upload_2022-8-15_12-53-5.png

upload_2022-8-15_12-53-23.png

upload_2022-8-15_12-53-48.png

Peter Romer likes this.
  3. Peter Romer

Peter Romer New Member

Hi Mark
    Thanks !! Super I will try that out. Just for the record, yes its probebly the naming. My files are usually this way "Batman - The Dark Knight Rises - 720p - Bluray (dk sub) or something similar.

4. Markswift2003

That'll be the problem - as you say, no scraper is perfect, but if you name the movies exactly correctly (give or take punctuation that the file system won't allow you to use) then the Zidoo is excellent.

The only place it really struggles is numbers and especially movies that are just a number eg, 1917.

Still, Why ""Batman - The Dark Knight Rises - 720p - Bluray (dk sub)" comes out as Arthur Christmas is beyond me!

5. Peter Romer

Peter Romer New Member

Yes I thought I had misplaced a cartoon until Batman started. :)
    20220814_212338.jpg

6. Markswift2003

Funny as hell :)

I just made a post on AVS with some else struggling a bit with scraping, and I'll reiterate here what I said there:

Naming Naming Naming.

Name your files as per the movie name. That's it. Nothing more. Don't add any punctuation, random text etc. Use punctuation as per the movie name if file naming protocol allows it, but if not, simply omit it. Check TMDB's entry for the movie if you're not sure.

Probably the only exception to the above is adding a year if there are two movies of the same name eg Ghostbusters.mkv and Ghostbusters 2016.mkv.

The Dark Knight is simply that - The Dark Knight. There's no mention of Batman, 720p, BluRay etc in the movie name so give the parser a fighting chance and call the file and the folder "The Dark Knight".

Anything else and you may as well call it Arthur Christmas.mkv ;)

upload_2022-8-15_20-0-48.png

7. Peter Romer

Peter Romer New Member

Thanks for your help, they look way better now. Also noticed the function at the WEB interface for some editing.
    I cannot find anywhere though if you have two version of the same movie, eg. DC; REMASTERED, EXTENDED etc., is there anyway around this ??

All the movies where I have two versions, one is scanned as the correct one. All the special versions are not scanned, or maybe they are scanned but jumped bacause it already found one with a similar title.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
  8. Markswift2003

Yes, name like:

MovieName.(#DC).mkv
    MovieName.(#Extended).mkv
    MovieName.(#Remastered).mkv

or if you want them in a particular order rather than alphabetically:

MovieName.(1#DC).mkv
    MovieName.(3#Extended).mkv
    MovieName.(2#Remastered).mkv

See attached file.

Attached Files:

9. Bing Err

Bing Err New Member

Thank you for your examples. I'm very new here so bear with me. If I have 2 versions of "Star Wars - A New Hope" would you do something like this:

Star Wars - A New Hope (#Special Edition).mkv
    Star Wars - A New Hope (#Original).mkv

Thanks

10. Markswift2003

Yes, that would work.

11. Bing Err

Bing Err New Member

Thanks. Would you do the same thing for different resolutions if I want to keep both. Like this:
    Donnie Darko (#4k)
    Donnie Darko (#Bluray)
    Or is there a better way to deal with different Rip quality.

12. Markswift2003

Yes, I'd do the same.

13. Bing Err

Bing Err New Member

Thanks