Headphones

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Naj, May 31, 2023.

1. Naj

Naj New Member

Hi, how do I connect my headphones to the DMP-A6?? Preferable wired, second choice would be Bluetooth.

Greetings Naj.

2. Spring

Spring New Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

DMP-A6 can connect to Headphone AMP, then Headphone AMP connect to headphone.

3. Naj

Naj New Member

OK, thank you, so no direct headphone out and what about bluetooth headphones?

4. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

The DMP-A6 can receive BT streaming but has no transmitter for headphones etc. so you would need to use a spare RCA connection to a headphone amp or maybe USB C to something like a Qudelix 5K or one of the Fiio BTR range.

5. Naj

Naj New Member

That’s a bummer a no go for me too bad maybe a next hardware release I hope.

Greeting Naj

Miki222 likes this.
  6. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

The DMP-A6 is a streamer/dac to be connected to a separate amplifier (or bypass the DAC to separate DAC), it’s never meant to provide amplication even for headphones. This is not the fault of the DMP-A6, you’re simply looking at the wrong product.

Bkido and Nutul like this.
  7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

It was reported that a BT Transmitter can be connected via USB and worked as intended.

Seen the fact that the DAC's have a headphone plug I was a bit surprised here too.

As said before I do expect a DMP-A8 sooner or later above all seen the succes of this model.
    The FW must work flawless though first to enter that higher segment. So it may take a while.

Also expect a version of the Eversole Music Player APP to become available on the Zidoo Neo model media players in due time.

Last edited: May 31, 2023
  8. Naj

Naj New Member

You are absolutely right I am looking @ the wrong product. Maybe the DMP-A8 will have a direct headphones out and make the can owners happy When you look at Matrix Audio or Auralic you will see that almost all of their streamers have a direct headphone out, some of them even balanced. I have a Matrix Audio Element myself and no separate amplifier. These brands are however far too expensive and that is what I like in the DMP-A6. I own the cheapest Matrix audio streamer the Element i with hardly any display functionality. So fingers crossed for a future hardware release with direct support for the headphone freaks among us.

Regards Naj.

Miki222 likes this.
  9. Arcticpollen

There are plenty of excellent cheap headphone amplifiers about that could be simply connected to the DMP-A6 via RCA or XLR analogue output.

I have to do the same thing with my Cambridge Audio CXNv2 in my lounge as the CXN has no HP connection.

ammar11 likes this.
  10. Naj

Naj New Member

This forum is great, lots of advice much appreciated!

Thanks I know there is a wide range of headphone amplifiers and BT adapters and easy to connect.What I am looking for is one device so no xtra boxes/cables attached. Happy with the sound of my Matrix Element i and we will maybe see a new model with a built in headphone amp. Eversolo is a BIG bang for the buck, that is for sure.

Regards Naj

11. Arcticpollen

My DMP-A6 is to replace an MA Mini i3 on my desk. The MA has an excellent HP stage but when thinking about whether to pull the trigger on the DMP, I realised that I rarely use headphones while sat at the desk working. The Topping A50s HP amp in the lounge can easily move upstairs to the office if I feel the need.

12. Naj

Naj New Member

Enjoy your DMP-A6 Arcticpollen ;) as said I will wait for the next model with HP connector and/or BT out :p

Cheers Naj

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
  13. Pietro777

Pietro777 New Member

Hi, Naj,

and it would be best to have small speakers built into it too, right? ;-)

14. Stuj

Stuj Member

I installed the Settings Shortcut APK others have suggested in the BT Keyboard thread, I Paired my Sony Headphones with LDAC and work perfectly fine for me.

Nice Monkey, DJpower and Jjb067 like this.
  15. RMS

RMS New Member

I connect my Focal Bathys via USB to the DMP 6A USB DAC port, since the DAC is inside of the Focal heaphones.
    Excellent solution, wired, highres, bliss

Last edited: Feb 16, 2024
    1piotr13 likes this.
  16. THXjay

THXjay Member

It's the one thing missing from an almost perfect item. An extra couple of usb inputs would be nice.

Hopefully EverSolo will release a matching headphone amp soon.