Invalid NAS folder

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by StefanKue, May 30, 2023.

1. StefanKue

StefanKue New Member

Hi,
    When I scan my music collection with a NAS Eversolo finds all files. After shutdown and restart the folders have an error message „invalid“ and files are no longer visible. Happen via SMB or NFS.
    Somebody ideas?

2. Spring

Spring New Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Maybe the IP address of NAS has changed. could you set the static IP?

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2023
  3. StefanKue

StefanKue New Member

I set static IP address on Router. SMB and NFS don’t work. Tried many options with different folders on the Synology NAS, no success. Each time at restart the folders are shown „invalid“

4. audiocox

audiocox New Member

Hello,
    I have exactly the same problem.
    I tried everything, I am in static IP on the DMP as well as the NAS but still invalid at each restart.
    the rescan does not work, obliged to delete and put back the folder at each start. I'm on V1.1.80

5. audio58

audio58 Active Member

I have my files on a server on our network and scanned they all show up no issues. I have to use the "Cast" option on my tablet that way I can view in landscape and all the artists seem to be in alphabetical order and all albums under each artist are there.
    Not much different from a server or a dedicated Nas. What find of files are you music files..FLAC and WAV? That's what I have in both 16 and 24 bit.

Fan likes this.
  6. StefanKue

StefanKue New Member

After many failed attempts on my Synology NAS, I use my MacMini 2020 as server for my Eversolo and SMB work here.

7. Hannibal_

Hannibal_ Member

I sometimes have this issue too, hoped latest firmware would solve it.
    Guess not.

I thought I could relate it to my NAS having been asleep in the meanwhile.
    And that the solo didn’t wakes it up.

but support thought this was not the root cause. Need to dig into it after the holiday.

8. audiocox

audiocox New Member

Hello everyone,

In view of the answers, I did the test on my other Nas and there, no worries. Everything works perfectly and it rescans on its own if I add a file or folder at each restart.

For me, the problem comes from the compatibility with the Nas Synology only.

It will probably be easier to solve by the support.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2023
  9. Hannibal_

Hannibal_ Member

That’s perhaps a bit of a quick conclusion.
    I use WD and have the same issue

10. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

Hi,

Synology 920+ here, no issue at all. I can restart with NAS on or off, DMP will always find the library again. There might be some issue with DSM7 SMB settings, sometimes NTLMv1 needs to be enables in SMB advanced settings can solve these kind of problems.

Scanning is unbelievably slow though, 2+ hrs to scan 25k tracks while Auralic was doing it in 20 mins :(

https://mariushosting.com/fix-synology-dsm-7-smb-clients-get-disconnected/

11. Hannibal_

Hannibal_ Member

glad to hear.
    Does your nas have a fixed ip address by any chance?

(scanning is way quicker here???)

12. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

I did select in the router to always assign the same address. However, when selecting the library with its SMB path, fixed or variable shouldn't make a difference as the NAS would be identified by its SMB name which will not change.

Don't know why it's so slow, when transferring files to and from the NAS speed is around 110 MB/s

13. Hannibal_

Hannibal_ Member

clear! Thanks!

according to support they access on ip address.
    Going to dive into my router (is new, need to figure this one out again) to do the same.

thanks a ton!

JamOne likes this.
  14. audiocox

audiocox New Member

Sorry,
    indeed, I had understood on various forums that often the problems were on synology but a priori not.
    I edit my answer again

15. Hannibal_

Hannibal_ Member

Last Sunday I told my router to assign the same IP address for known hosts, just like @JamOne did. So far, so good. It still sees the NAS and the music.

JamOne likes this.
  16. Hannibal_

Hannibal_ Member

Oeps…

that was too quick.
    The unit still looses the library after it has been powered down.

tested it and after a power down (just by choosing the power down option after pressing the knob, not using the on/off switch) and restart after say 10 seconds, the library is not accessible anymore

17. Hannibal_

Hannibal_ Member

Yesterday I had a video call with eversolo support.

it resolved the issue that my library on my nas was not accessible after power off/on.

hidden under the SMB option there was a credential dialogue (while the share is a public one). Checked the anonymous access checkbox and after power off/on the library was still accessible and directly functional.

glad it’s resolved, thanks support

jonnn likes this.
  18. Fan

Fan New Member

Check your NAS Firewall setting. It should be blocked by firewall

19. Fan

Fan New Member

Please check your NAS Firewall setting,it should be blocked by firewall

20. Hannibal_

Hannibal_ Member

see couple of posts back.
    No firewall issue

it requested credentials for the nas, although it was a public share. On the background in the smb section when you select the nas again.

during building the library no issue.

In the said smb section you could select the anonymous option and no issues since