Enhancements for built in music player

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by McintoshHIFI, May 27, 2023.

1. McintoshHIFI

McintoshHIFI New Member

When playing a track please provide the ability to click to do the following:

1) Select artist name of the track that is playing in order to bring bring up all their stored albums. Also option to go to album.

2) Select track name to see the album it belongs to so you can play additional songs from the same album.

2. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

While that’s a desirable list of player functions, that’s also some of the benefits you get from subscription players like Roon. It might be possible to side load something like the Fiio player (free, but a bit clunky IMHO) or maybe Poweramp player which is excellent and what I use on an Android phone with my Qudelix 5K plus IEMs for mobile listening.

3. McintoshHIFI

McintoshHIFI New Member

I think those functions are somewhat basic. The stock Samsung player on android phones give you that ability. You also get the similar functions in bluesound node app.

4. Spizz

Spizz Member

Agreed. Most people don’t have the $700USD for Roon.

5. Xyzzy

Xyzzy Member

Support for ReplayGain would be great.

6. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Replay-gain is usually handled by the player itself, reading some metadata (more or less official and accepted...) tags. For example MPD (music player daemon, in Linux) IIRC does it this way.

7. Xyzzy

Xyzzy Member

Bluos, Squeezebox and I think Roon does it ths way too. ReplayGain would improve the usability of the internal music player significantly - for me anyway.

Jabba likes this.
  8. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Added in next version..

McintoshHIFI likes this.