Bug on Home Theatre 4.0?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by gollygosh, Apr 21, 2023.

1. gollygosh

gollygosh Member

So this is more of a niggle than anything else.
    So here is the issue, no matter what, when I add new TV and movies, there always remains 3 titles that will not move from the first 3 spots under recently added on the main screen of HT4...
    Daleks Invasion Earth 2150 A.D.
    Red Sonja
    and Robin Hood Prince of Thieves.

After those 3 titles, anything new I add shows up just fine under the Recently added txt.
    IMG_20230421_135209775.jpg

I have no idea if it's something specific to my box Z9X with the latest FW V6.4.62.... it also had the issue with the last FW.

I'm pretty sure it's easy to test if this is something specific to my box / setup, by naming a couple of files to read in with the same title names and see if it happens to you. Those 3 titles never change position, they just stay there all the time, no matter how much new stuff is added!

Attached Files:

2. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

What are the created and last modified dates of the three sticky titles?

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Created time doesn't matter, but modified time is important, as is the sort order in preferences - Modified (file) or Added time (library).

I'd love to be able to sort by Created Time but apparently Android doesn't know about such things so if the mood takes me I'll occasionally use this:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/bulk_file_changer.html

to change Modified Time to Created Time. Handy when things get buggered up as above.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2023
    gollygosh likes this.
  4. gollygosh

gollygosh Member

THANK YOU
    That fixed it, I used the bulk file changer program and found that modified time, for each of those films was blank, no idea why, but Oh well, I would never have worked that out without your help.

Thank you so much kind sir :)

Markswift2003 likes this.
  5. Markswift2003

Very welcome.

6. gollygosh

gollygosh Member

1st world problems :)
    It's amazing how little things can niggle us.

7. Markswift2003

It'd be very quiet here if they didn't...

8. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

9. Markswift2003

It's got to be the folder properties although I appreciate you've checked that.

First thing I'd try is manually create a new folder called The Midnight Club2, manually created the series folders inside there and then copy the mkv files over.

Then delete the original folder and rename the new one back to The Midnight Club.

10. Hippoponderous

Hi, Mark.

Thanks but this is one of the first things I tried, both inside the parent directory and out, with variations of different folder names hierarchies (even though there is only 1 season). I've also tried copying an existing series/folder & replacing its contents with The Midnight Club with the same result.

You were right, though. It was an issue with folder permissions. For whatever weird reason this particular Midnight Club folder would not inherit the permissions from the parent directory. I had to add them manually

As you can see from these screenshots, folder permissions for The Midnight Club & another randomly selected series folder are now the same:
    devil's hour.png midnight club.png

Prior to my manually adding permissions, the Midnight Club folder only had the top 3 users/groups present. However, while HT4 now scans & plays Midnight Club, the Jellyfin Zidoo app still refuses to play them & displays the playback/path error.

Clearly, there's something else I'm missing.

11. Markswift2003

Possibly the way the Jellyfin server or client caches paths - maybe try switching the Jellyfin client to http and then back to direct path in Playback options?

12. Hippoponderous

Thanks again, Mark.
    So, I tried disabling direct path & it made no difference. Unexpectedly (or maybe not), even with direct path disabled, Jellyfin still used the Zidoo player. I rebooted & tried again with the same result. I thought if direct path was disabled, Jellyfin wouldn't use the internal player.

TBH, I've nearly finished the series now anyway, but my curiosity & stubbornness has gotten the best of me & I'm determined to work out what's going on here.

13. Markswift2003

With Direct Path disabled it uses http but will still uses the Zidoo player.

Since it doesn't work with http I think that means that the server is having trouble with the path rather than the client (and therefore the player). You could try removing the path on the Jellyfin server and reinstating it but given it's now a Jellyfin problem rather than a Zidoo one and you're nearly finished watching it, I'm not sure I'd bother...

14. Hippoponderous

You've convinced me :D

Markswift2003 likes this.