Upscale without zidoo Z10 pro

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by angixspirit, Apr 19, 2023.

1. angixspirit

angixspirit New Member

hello I would like to deactivate the uspcale on my zidoo z10 pro! that they release the video in their basic format to let the tv manage the upscale itself how to proceed?

2. Chr0matic

Chr0matic New Member

In settings set the player to match frame rate and resolution

3. angixspirit

angixspirit New Member

none basically every time I have an fhd source I will have to go to the settings to put the player in fhd?

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No:

upload_2023-4-20_16-51-9.png

5. angixspirit

angixspirit New Member

I did it thank you but unfortunately my SD or 720 sources are directly converted to 4K

6. Markswift2003

That will depend on EDID and framerates - for example, there is no 576p23/24 HDMI mode and most EDIDs don't support VIC 60 (720p23/24) so they have to be upscaled to be transmitted on HDMI.

If you send your EDID I can confirm the supported modes.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2023
  7. angixspirit

angixspirit New Member

yes specific! and no way to change this even by tweaking the EDID?

8. Markswift2003

There's nothing you can do about 576p23/24 because as I say, it doesn't exist.

I could add VIC 60 to an EDID if it's missing, but I wouldn't expect the display to be able to show it.