V10 or V12 Bluetooth remotes

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by SSThing, Jan 3, 2023.

1. SSThing

SSThing Member

Do either of these provide any real improvements when compared to the standard remote control?
    If so, what please?

2. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

What version of the remote do you have? V7 (z9x and Z10 Pro) or V8 (z1000 pro, uhd3000)?

I don’t have the V10 but for now the V12 is a disappointment vs the quality control. I have some issues with the backlight function (if desactivated, the controls of the remote are sometimes unresponsive and the navigation becomes a pain) and I am not the only one if I trust some returns from other users, here or on a big french forum. Too bad because this is a pretty nice remote, small and with a good disposition of the functions if I compare with my V8 (play/pause, stop and info buttons are much better disposed).

About the quality, I have a better feeling with the big V8 but the V12 is close and much better than the V7. If I had a complaint to make, except the issue that I was talking about, that would be the lack of space between the buttons in the learning area. I use a part of them to control the volume of my AVR and it’s hard to find them without looking at the buttons on the remote control.

3. SSThing

SSThing Member

I have the Z10 Pro so I guess it must be the v7.

4. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Yes, you have the V7 for sure.

5. khollister

khollister Member

I ordered a V12 to use with my Z9X and so far, no issues other than a little reluctance for the remote to initially pair over BT. Works fine now. Wanted it for the backlight and BT (my Z9X is located inside a cabinet without line of sight).

Tham134 likes this.
  6. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Out of curiosity, did you try to disable the backlight (I use it in IR mode), to see how that goes with the directional keys when you navigate through the user interface?

7. ccart

ccart New Member

I have the v10 mini and its a great improvement over the standard remote and if you want a simplified remote its the best one of the bunch. It has all the necessary buttons, I've not used the standard remote once since getting the v10. The Bluetooth is good (although it uses IR to power on the Zidoo then connects Bluetooth). It reminds me of the nvidia shield remote which I thought was very very good.

My only issue with it is, the backlight only comes on when you press a button so I've often ended up pressing the wrong button when fumbling around in the dark with it. With the nvidia shield remote, the backlight would come on when the remote was picked up i.e. it had a motion sensor which was a great feature if you watch movies in a dark room.

8. ribtipbob

ribtipbob New Member

Where did you get your V10 or V12 remotes? I have searched everywhere and neither are available anywhere.

9. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

10. DzigiBau

DzigiBau Member

Could you please share your experience with battery lasting with new remotes. I use Z1000 Pro with V8 remote, but it eats batteries a lot and lasts maybe two or three months. I switched from Bluetooth to IR and turn off lights, just to save batteries as much as possible and batteries last longer. Maybe, I cannot be sure, it stays on all the time with Bluetooth, never going to sleep mode or something, that is why I have started using IR function.

11. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I've used a V12 here since it was released and it's still on the original batteries.

12. ribtipbob

ribtipbob New Member

Thank you Temearoo

Temearoo likes this.
  13. Motoxxx

Motoxxx New Member

You can also buy directly from zidoo. Ship from China

shop.zidoo.tv