HT4.0: Exclude extras folder from scan?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by ChrDk, Apr 17, 2023.

1. ChrDk

ChrDk New Member

Hi all.

Some movies come with an additional "extras" folder, containing various clips.
    The clips can have various names, and do not follow a clear naming convention as such.

The main movie is in the parent folder, and has a Kodi-formatted nfo file, which gets correctly imported.

Directory structure is like this:
    /M/Mad Max - Fury Road (2015)/Mad.Max.Fury.Road.2015.Some.Scene.Tags.That.Are.Not.Important.As.Scan.Is.Done.With.NFO.Prio/
    Mad.Max.Fury.Road.Same.Scene.Naming.mkv
    Mad.Max.Fury.Road.Same.Scene.Naming.nfo
    Mad.Max.Fury.Road.Same.Scene.Naming.srt
    Mad.Max.Fury.Road.Same.Scene.Naming-fanart.jpg
    Mad.Max.Fury.Road.Same.Scene.Naming-logo.png
    Mad.Max.Fury.Road.Same.Scene.Naming-mediainfo.xml
    Mad.Max.Fury.Road.Same.Scene.Naming-poster.jpg
    extras/
    Fury Road - Crash and Smash.mkv
    ...etc...
    Is it either possible to exclude any files found in an "extras" folder, or add the files as extras to the main movie?
    As stated, the extras-files can be named random things, and does not follow any naming convention.

TIA
    Chris

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes - see naming conventions in the file below:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?attachments/hometheatre-file-suffixes-and-naming-jan-22-pdf.8654/

ChrDk likes this.
  3. ChrDk

ChrDk New Member

Hi @Markswift2003

Thanks once again for taken the time to answer.
    I did read the PDF and various other naming-convention threads here, before posting, but as far I understand from the PDF, I would have to rename the files and put them in the same folder as the main movie, and then add numbers to each file, where the main movie would be #1.
    In that case I would rather just exclude the extras folder from the scan, if that's a possibility?

/Chris

4. Markswift2003

Ok - yes, you can exclude folders - use "Folder Filtering" when you scan.

ChrDk likes this.
  5. ChrDk

ChrDk New Member

@Markswift, thanks.
    Maybe I haven't enabled an expert setting, but as far as I can see I can only enable filtering on a top level, meaning I can mark folder 'M' to be skipped, but not dive into the sub folders to mark Mad Max Fury Road's "extras" folder and still have all of 'M' scanned.
    Is there an option to state that the scanning should skip all folders which has the name: "extras"?

/Chris

6. Markswift2003

Sorry, no, you can only exclude top level sub-directories in the Source directory I'm afraid.

However, if all your extras folders are called "extras" or contain the string, you can add an exclusion in Preferences:

upload_2023-4-17_15-17-37.png

ChrDk likes this.
  7. ChrDk

ChrDk New Member

@Markswift2003:
    This is exactly what I'm looking for (I think).
    Thank you very much for taking the time to help me (and maybe others) out.

Markswift2003 likes this.