Install Google Play on Neo Alpha

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Canaiya, Mar 29, 2023.

1. Canaiya

Canaiya New Member

Hi, in the manuals that I have found to install Google Play, it refers to the fact that we have to have a firmware finished in G. On the Zidoo page, the only firmware available for Neo Alpha is the one that the equipment has installed, and There is no option to download a finished firmware in G. How could I install Google Play in the player in this case? You would really only want Google Play to install the Synology Photos app. Thanks and regards!

2. CedFR

CedFR New Member

Hi
    Same question here for my brand new Z1000PRO, no way to find a G version of last firmware. Really frustrating...

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Google apps versions are not available for the Neo players.

http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/z1000pro/ota/Z1000-Pro_P_v6.4.42_G_202210181314_ota-package.zip

Canaiya likes this.
  4. CedFR

CedFR New Member

Thanks a lot !

5. Canaiya

Canaiya New Member

Is there no way then to be able to install Google Play on a Neo? Thanks and regards!

6. Markswift2003

Sorry no - The Zidoo players were never meant to be typical Android TV boxes so the premium models in particular are not released with Google Play.

If you need to load an app it can be side loaded from the apk.

Canaiya likes this.
  7. Canaiya

Canaiya New Member

I understand. Thanks for the reply. Very kind, as always. Yes, the truth is that I am not interested in having google play either. If I find it interesting to have the Synology Photos app, to be able to see my photos on TV through the Zidoo. Could you tell me how I could do it? Since there is no way to download said app if it is not through Google. Thanks and regards!

8. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

You could try here: - https://www.apkmirror.com/

Canaiya likes this.
  9. Markswift2003

I usually use Apkmirror:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/synology-inc/synology-photos/synology-photos-1-4-0-release/#downloads

Download the apk, copy to the Zidoo and run it.

pcristi and Canaiya like this.
  10. Markswift2003

Jinx

Canaiya likes this.
  11. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

But you always provide more detail - I should have left it to our Sumpremo lol!

Canaiya and Markswift2003 like this.
  12. Canaiya

Canaiya New Member

:):):):):):) Thank you both very much. You are cracks! I'm going to try and I hope to stop making a fuss! Thanks again!

rozel and Markswift2003 like this.
  13. Canaiya

Canaiya New Member

Hello, I did what you told me, downloading the apk file. I copied it to the zidoo and from it run the installer. I look for the copied file, install it, it tells me it's installed, but I have no way to find it, once it's installed, so I can run it. What am I doing wrong? Thanks and regards!

14. Markswift2003

From the home screen. press the down arrow to see the apps.

Canaiya likes this.
  15. Canaiya

Canaiya New Member

Thanks, but it must be that they are not installed, even though it appears as installed in "apks installer". I have tried to download and install another apk, such as Kodi, and this one appears together with the rest. However, no sign of the synology.

16. Markswift2003

You have to add it to that app screen - it's like a "favourites" for apps.

Click "Add Apps" and you'll get the full list and you can add it from there:

upload_2023-4-6_13-32-25.png

upload_2023-4-6_13-32-45.png

And don't bother with apk installer - just click on the apk to install.

You can also just open the apps from the icon on the home page...

Canaiya likes this.
  17. Canaiya

Canaiya New Member

Good afternoon, I return to this topic that I have not been able to continue testing until now. Well, I can't get it to work. In the link to download the apk there are two. The Synology Photos (Android Tv), this app does not work directly, it does not even appear among the installed ones. And the other one is Synology Photos v1.4.1 which is the mobile version and it is impossible to navigate through it. With which, I will have to discard this app. Do you know any app to see photos? The one that the Zidoo has by default, there is no way to navigate the photos very well and they are repeated a lot. Thanks and regards!