Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

seems like a case of mass hysteria. Folks are creating a panic without facts.

Jimibxl and rozel like this.
  2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

a bit like Toilet Roll gate in the UK
    When there was none. ;)

rozel likes this.
  3. lanz

lanz Member

I obviously hope I'm wrong, but that doesn't stop my disappointment.

4. Edworld

Edworld Member

I thought Oppo was making $$$...

5. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

I'm happy just using PlexToZidoo or Jellyfin with MKV files, it works great so I'm not sure what else could be improved if they don't offer Android 11 update for longer app support.

6. Edworld

Edworld Member

Where can I download G version and does somebody know why there are 2 different versions?

Thanks

7. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

The G version gives you access to Google App Store

8. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Thats because Disc spinning players were in Decline and Streamer / Media players got more popular hence why Oppo started loosing $$$
    and dropped there Blu ray players then focused back on there Mobile phone devision more so.

9. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

Hello to you. I would like to install the G version on my z1000 pro, does this version have more problems

10. vddan

vddan Active Member

Given the rumors that run on the forums currently, on the 'death' of Zidoo, I am surprised that Zidoo continues to say nothing .......... 'not good!

rockmeloman likes this.
  11. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

12. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

13. lanz

lanz Member

I wonder why you need Google services? It's the first thing I disable on my Shield (can't uninstall them).

14. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

To install Goole Play Store Apps - eg UAPP (USB Audio Player Pro) for one in my case

15. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

As a second choice i bought a Dune HD Pro Vision 4K solo and Dune and Zidoo released on 18.10.2022 a beta firmware. After this point nothing from Zidoo and one beta and four alpha from Dune. Just to compare.

rockmeloman and vddan like this.
  16. Edworld

Edworld Member

Thanks Netmask.

Why are 2 versions needed and why doesn't zidoo have the G version on their site? All of my android boxes have access to playstore as mentioned above on the shield comment.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
  17. ofir

ofir Member

https://dune-hd.com/firmware/pro4k_tv292b/
    DUNE released the latest version of the Dune HD Pro 4K streamer
    on 23.02.23
    But it also happened to DUNE that in a long period of about a year and a half no new version came out

darkeyes909 likes this.
  18. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

And there are no problems there to change the firmware

19. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

That's funny you're comparing apple to little old zidoo...... apple does not stop communicating with the world for half a year like zidoo has. it has nothing to do with new products. These machines people have paid for and were promised working features that do not work properly and 20 other things that are broken or not updated. you may be able to shrug it off, but many of us that actually continuously use are machines and add new content to our setup are having to spend a lot of time doing extra work to get our collections organized because of their lack of support lately. trailers not working, TMDB not working properly, TVDB settings not sticking, proper Blu-ray menus, broken weather app, cast not showing correctly, problems all over the place.......

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
  20. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

Some got expensive equipment from Zidoo for free or at an extra price (I have evidence of it) ... so they will write politely
    (If I got Alpha for free or half price, I would also write politely)

I had to pay a lot for mine € 2.800,00

To this day, there are a lot of things to correct, menus, jams, subtitles ... What I mentioned are crap and if I had the source code, I would probably fix it myself.
    The equipment lies and gets dusty and time passes and in a moment it will be old.

Unfortunately, I was disappointed with Zidoo and I will not buy anything from them again.

Zidoo is silent, they hid like rats on a sinking ship...

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
    cVVGLabs likes this.