Z1000 Pro Duplicate HDD's

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Rickboy62, Mar 9, 2023.

1. Rickboy62

Rickboy62 New Member

Hi all,

So I have a Icy Box 10 x HDD connected via the usb on the side of my xidoo player. Recently my drives got corrupted during a movie scan which I have fixed. Now when I want to add another HDD via Add Source, I am getting two HDD's with the same address so I can't scan/scrape the second drive to update my poster wall. I have unloaded a picture for reference. I want to change the path for the second HDD. Can someone please advise how to do this.

Thanks

Richard

Attached Files:

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Have both 5-slot and a 10-slot from Icy Box myself. Not cheap but great devices.
    ICY Box makes both Docking Stations and RAID devices which both are supported with work differently obviously. Docking Stations have a 16 TByte individual HDD limit and should not be exceeded.

Normally Zidoo (Android) identifies HDD's by their HDDID which are unique and next map's these to the Volume Label if present. I always do format them using W10. Are you not using Volume Labels? With 10x HDD attached this is almost a must do to find the right resource.

Went through a very long way to get Zidoo displaying Windows 32-pos Volume Labels so I am very sure these do work as it should. Still missing the option to define a VL under Media Center so you need to connect the Icy Box to another platform to get that done.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
  3. Rickboy62

Rickboy62 New Member

I don't think I am using volume labels. I normally place the hdd into the Icy Box then use the add new source and the zidoo normally names the drives automatically. I do have a desktop pc with windows 10, can I connect the duplicate hdd tobthe pc and change the HDDID?

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I've had this @Rickboy62 - I use Windows by connecting the hdd to the PC and give it a volume name in device admin at the time I format. This name carries over, when connecting to Zidoo either internally, or via USB

5. Rickboy62

Rickboy62 New Member

Thanks Rozel. So when I give it a volume name do I need to reformat the hdd. It's full of my movies.

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

No, Volume Labels are independent and can be changed at moment it is convenient.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
  7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Agreed - I meant to say I usually rename at the time I format - sorry for any confusion

8. Rickboy62

Rickboy62 New Member

Thanks Nice Monkey and Rozel for your advice. I renamed the HDD and voila the disk was able to be rescanned. :)

rozel and Nice Monkey like this.