Anyone else like HT4 soundtrack/theme song feature?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by AngryVirginian, Apr 13, 2022.

1. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

I recently started adding soundtrack to my HT4 movies and TV shows and I am loving it. To me, the soundtrack feature enhances the browsing experience as you will also get audio cues in addition to visual cues from looking at the posters. My disc ripping workflow now includes extracting audio track from the disc menu into either [Movie Name]-soundtrack.mp3 or [Movie Name]-soundtrack.flac file. For exceptional scores like Interstellar, Dances With Wolves, and First Man, I just buy the song or download the main theme video from YouTube and extract the audio. I just wish that I had started doing this much sooner as I have over 1,700 movies.

Some soundtrack/theme song improvements that I wish Zidoo will add in the future
    1. Add a label on HT4 poster that has soundtrack song as a visual cue. E.g., a yellow clef in the lower left corner.
    2. Add a separate setting for soundtrack start playing time. Currently, this is set by trailer start playing time. E.g., 10 seconds. I would like the soundtrack to start playing much sooner like within 2 seconds when browsing the "list view."

darky_zidoo likes this.
  2. muha

muha Active Member

I don't, it is like chasing Plex features. HT gets developed with new features that don't improve stability, while MP and ImageP are basically undeveloped crap.

3. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

More like a Zappiti feature who is a direct competitor although Zappiti pulls soundtrack automatically from their cloud servers. Also, this is not a new feature. It has been there since I bought my Zidoo in October 2021.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I thought it was a nice idea when it was introduced - not something I'd use I must admit, but a nice added value feature for those who do.

5. muha

muha Active Member

I even keep trailers auto play off. BTW Plex had theme feature since 2017 (maybe longer).

6. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

I really like this feature as well.Does anybody know a source which provides those so one can automate it?

AngryVirginian likes this.
  7. Bdub48

Bdub48 Member

Hi

I kinda late to the game with this but by any chance have you gotten to be able to play a video trailer or edit of a video in the background on the information page? basically an animated background?

Bdub48