Problems with Zidoo Z10 pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Vemks, Jan 9, 2023.

1. Vemks

Vemks New Member

Hello. There was a problem with my Zidoo Z10 pro. It had the latest firmware v6.4.42_G installed. I wanted to downgrade to an earlier firmware that worked more stable. I used the instructions from zidoo tv support "How to flash Z10 Pro".

The installation went fine. Progress showed 100% and the player restarted. After that, “Hello” was displayed on the player and the Zidoo logo appeared on the screen of my TV for two seconds and then the TV screen began to show a black screen. The player does not respond to the remote control. On the back of it, two lights of the Lan port are lit, but the optical output is not lit in red.

I was also able to get into the mod recovery. There was a message "Cant load android system..." And two options for action "Try again", "Factory data reset". I clicked on "Factory data reset" but that didn't work for me. If click on "Try again", an error message appears and the player restarts.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not sure what you mean by "mod recovery" but I suggest you try the emergency flash procedure again.

When the TV screen was blank what was on the Zidoo display?

3. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

4. Markswift2003

5. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Probably related to "Android Recovery" at the top of the screen.

Never seen such a screen before. What are you supposed to do in that case? To do the flash procedure again or the box is already bricked?

6. Vemks

Vemks New Member

I tried to reflash many times already. I even used the image without Google applications. The result has not changed.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

7. Markswift2003

That's a low level recovery - basically telling you the bootloader is corrupt, but because so there are so many variables, sometimes it works and in my experience, most times it doesn't and then you have to get down and dirty soldering a UART to the board and connect over a terminal connection. Very messy.

Hopefully in this case, following the emergency flash procedure will sort it, but it should never be done lightly.

8. Markswift2003

9. Vemks

Vemks New Member

16 GB. Yes, I formatted in fat 32. I tried with 4 different USB sticks but the result is the same.

10. Markswift2003

You originally said that the Zidoo booted to a blank screen and the LAN port was active.

What did you do to then get the Android Recovery Screen?

11. Vemks

Vemks New Member

I pressed the reset button and started the player. After 10 seconds, I released the button and the android recovery screen appeared. But this method did not always work. Sometimes the Zidoo itself rebooted and entered into android recovery.

12. Vemks

Vemks New Member

Yes, this happens all the time when I turn on the player.

13. Markswift2003

So what happens now if you just turn on the player and don't touch anything. Blank screen? What does the front display say?

14. Vemks

Vemks New Member

The TV screen turns black. The front screen of the player writes a message "Boot", then "Hello". At this point, everything stops.

15. Markswift2003

If it sticks at Hello something is corrupt in the boot process. The only way I know to figure out what is to solder a UART to the motherboard and connect to the console using something like PuTTY and see where the boot process gets to.

This guy is the expert in this sort of thing:

http://istoreos.my.to/nas/2021/03/01/rtd1619-unbrick.en.html

16. Vemks

Vemks New Member

Does it make sense to try to install recovery firmware from 9x on my z10 pro. After all, the hardware there is practically the same. Has anyone tried this?

17. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

You are not supposed to do that.

I have flashed my z10 pro many times with the image that you have used (non G version for me), without any issue.

18. techc4i

techc4i New Member

Hello. I also have got Zidoo Z10 Pro damaged (probably power outage) by someone who was trying to flash the latest firmware v6.4.42_G. And now, when powered, a black screen is displayed, LED panel shows nothing. When powered with RESTORE button and FAT32 formatted pendrive (with install image) plugged in, LED panel shows "UP--", "Zidoo" logo is displayed on HDMI output and stuck on it. I have tried with various pendrives. I connected with UART, but both "boot r" and "boot ru" commands did not help. Is there something else I could do? :/

19. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

@Vemks,

I don’t know if you solved it since then, but I have had exactly the same issue with an other model from Zidoo (Z1000 Pro). I sent it back to Futeko (great service) and this is what they told me about how they solved it :

:rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
  20. futeko.com

futeko.com Active Member

It's not going to solve every problem in this thread but links to the 6.4.42 emergency firmware images for Z10 Pro and Z1000 Pro are in this this post: @Zidoo team (ROM for Z1000 Pro)

rozel likes this.