UHD2000: unable to install gapps 1.2.4 - GSF id not displayed

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Mirko87, Dec 26, 2022.

1. Mirko87

Mirko87 New Member

fw vers.: 2.3.88 (latest 04/2022)

months ago, after factory reset and fw update to 2.3.88, I installed gapps 1.2.4 and it was working.
    I removed gapps then now I need 'em back to purchase and install UAPP.

When i try to install an app from the play store, I get errors (obsolete version and other errors).
    after logging into play store, the GSF id is still not displayed in settings. also after reboots.

thanks for support

2. Mirko87

Mirko87 New Member

Three times uninstall/reinstall made gapps work.
    installed UAPP from play store for use with qobuz, but the app doesn't seem to play through the internal dac (no sound output at all).

With qobuz app native playback, sound seemed worse than Spotify and most of all it is unusable with remote and tv screen, while Spotify connect "model" is just perfect for me. My hope is to have Spotify hi-res soon!

@Nice Monkey I confirm uapp not working with UHD2000.

Any ideas on how could be possible to listen hd streaming as of now?

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

UAPP works with UHD2000 but it won't find the Internal DAC. Can confirm that
    An external DAC connected to it works just fine.

The best solution I can think of is getting the Eversolo Z8 DAC and connect it as an external DAC via USB.
    The sound will be far better that way anyway and will support DSD for SACD too.
    A very nice upgrade as the UHD2000 chassis itself still is very nice.
    You then can also use your smartphone with UAPP to stream the BT sound to the DAC. I prefer using UAPP that way myself.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2022