Samsung 8K HDR 10+ Edid setting need for LLDV

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Shahid Bakhshalvi, Dec 15, 2022.

1. Please can someone share with me Edid for my Samsung 8K HDR10+ tv so i can watch LLDV content …

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

If you post your EDID here I can add a Dolby Block to it.

If you use an amp/soundbar etc, include 2 EDIDs - one with the Zidoo connected directly to the Samsung and one with it connected via the AVR/Soundbar.

As far as I know, no Samsung TVs allow you to manually switch into HDR10 mode so you'll also need an HDFury Vertex2 or similar to send an HDR signal. You'll have to look through the Samsung's menus to check this.

To Download EDID
    ================

Settings/Display/Custom EDID/Save EDID

Save to a USB stick or network location.

Change the file extension from .bin to .txt to upload to the forum

(The forum won't accept .bin files)

3. here are the 2 Edid files...

Attached Files:

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

And it works brilliantly on my Samsung TV, probably the same set as the OP's :)

5. vddan

vddan Active Member

Yes but with an HDFURY !!

6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

"it" was reference to HDFury. The Zidoo is one of the best, if not the best manufacturer of Media Players right now. I suggest an HDFury of some kind is essential to take full advantages of these players.

7. vddan

vddan Active Member

8. And yes i do have HDfury 8KVrroom device

9. Markswift2003

10. Markswift2003 likes this.
  11. Mike Jones

Mike Jones New Member

Hello, I'm fairly new to this but my setup is simply a Samsung Qn90a tv with a Samsung q90r soundbar connected via earc port with the Z1000 pro on another tv hdmi port and even with the custom edid "Full+BT2020NEW1000nit LLDV+HDR10+" applied, my tv does not show hdr10+ detected unless it is at 60 hertz and when it does, the colors look washed out and makes the tv menu stutter if used while viewing hdr10+ content. Is there a way to correct this without using an hdfury device? Can anyone please help me?

12. Markswift2003

Really odd.

So firstly, if you're playing HDR10 or HDR10+ content and playback is grey and washed out that generally means that the display does not recognise the content as HDR and therefore is not decoding the HDR signal and is playing it as if it's SDR content.

However you say that in this case the TV does recognise the content as HDR10+ so a washed out look makes no sense.

Also the 60Hz thing makes even less sense.

Not sure what you mean by "tv menu stutter".

Try this file and see what happpens:

https://mega.nz/file/BapRRIrL#cdf6sN0vEx8lNzGBc-EI1Ir2KNNDeHLMdzaenFS5stQ

13. Mike Jones

Mike Jones New Member

Thank you for responding. With the custom edid enabled at 60 hertz
    locked with Hdr set to mapping hdr10, I get a grey washed out image
    from a 4k remux of Alita Battle Angel but my tv will display its
    HDR10+ logo although my tv will take a long time to get into the menu
    there is at least a 5 second delay when pressing any tv only remote
    button such as the home menu during that time. It lags horribly. Your
    HDR10+ sample makes my tv menu slow down but not as much however my tv
    indicates only HDR logo which I get when viewing anything limited to
    hdr or hdr 10 content. The Z1000 pro will always display both media as
    hdr10+ if its at 60 or 23 hertz.

Attached Files:

14. Markswift2003

Not sure what you mean by "With the custom edid enabled at 60 hertz"

Do you mean you have disabled auto frame rate? If so, enable it. By all means disable auto resolution and let the Zidoo scale, but done't disable auto frame rate.

Don't use "Mapping HDR10" - this uses the Realtek engine to convert all content to HDR10 and it's not very good at it. Leave HDR on Auto.

Difficult to say from the screenshot, but that image of Alita looks ok from here. It's certainly not the grey washed out look you get from playing HDR10 Rec.2020 content in SDR Rec.709. Not sure what "CAL-DAY" means for a picture mode, but my Samsung looks best using "Standard" which is really what you'd expect because it has no processing.

Absolutely no idea why anything should affect the Samsung's response time - never come across that before.

No idea why Alita plays in HDR10+ and that sample doesn't. If the Zidoo shows it's playing in HDR10+, it's playing in HDR10+.

So somethings seems to be going mad in the TV but I have no idea what.

15. Mike Jones

Mike Jones New Member

I am using an edid that someone posted on this thread because without it I cannot get dtsx working, the audio of my dtsx blu-rays default to dts 5.1 and the dtsx track isn't available from the selection. I meant to say that in the display settings I had locked resolution at 3860x2160P 60Hz. Cal day is the name of one of my calibrated modes for the tvand I also tried to switch to Standard and neither confirmed HDR10+. Im not sure why the problem would be with the tv but i dont get these problems when using my amazon fire stick 4kmax or the apps from the Samsung tv

16. Markswift2003

You probably need to stop using an LLDV EDID.

Try this one:

https://mega.nz/file/YDw0iA6I#rSAsqeJ1khmRX5QsfLrpeTriaIbhWH5faEyTanYQwg8

17. Mike Jones

Mike Jones New Member

Thank you for the Edid file and all your help. My tv still tells me it is playing hdr 10 even though the Zidoo 1000 pro indicates HDR10+. I have also encountered another problem with dts hd where my sound bar stopped confirming DTS-X which made me revert to that LLDV EDID EDID you suggested me not to use at which point all my dtsx files completey stopped playing dts-HD 7.1 audio tracks. I tried switching my e-arc capable cables and got the same result and I went back to use to your EDID, and the default, even did a factory reset on the Z1000 pro and failed to get any dtsx audio working. I think Im just going to get a refund because dts still works on my nvidia shield.

18. Mike Jones

Mike Jones New Member

Quick update it seems the dtsx no audio is only happening with any players connected to the tv directly but it works when the media player is connected directly in the soundbar although Im supposed to have atmos and dts-x passthrough. I dont get this issue with dolby true hd but it doesnt seem to be a zidoo problem. Please disregard