Native DSD MCH out via NEO Alpha & Roon

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by dieholzblaeser, Dec 7, 2022.

1. dieholzblaeser

dieholzblaeser New Member

Hello Zidoo team, is it possible that your Roon is telling you that the NEO Alpha DSD MCH can, because at the moment everything is only coming in stereo via Roon and Roon says that Zidoo has told you that it is only a 2-channel device. In Roon configuration I can't change the channel setting, the device is Roon Ready & Tested
    as a 2 channel player.

Best wishes
    Willy

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

There are more problems with 2CH DSD only output using Neo Alpha.

22) My Neo Alpha plays MCH SACD only in 2 CH when the TV is turned off/disconnected.

Only when the TV is ON with an image MCH will play/detected. MP7 should work with above all Neo models without even a TV being connected.
    I am using obviously Dual HDMI outputs to enjoy DSD output via HDMI with this.
    Warning: This does not happen using my Z9X using this same FW!!!!!

3. dieholzblaeser

Thanks for the answer, but I don't have that problem. I have dual HDMI and everything works perfectly with the internal music player also native DSD MCH so 5.1.
    The problem is only with the Roon software! It only plays the MCH's in stereo!! I think and hope that you can change that!?!?!

4. Nice Monkey

You can confirm it works with the latest FW and the TV switched OFF? With the TV ON it works just fine.

5. dieholzblaeser

Sorry not my problem, I have always Receiver and TV on. My problem is the DSD MCH over the Neo together with Roon Software !!
    With the Zidoo MP7 no problem. I have 2 Roon lifetime licenses and looking for a device that can output DSD MCH via HDMI.
    But the Zidoo Neo Alpha unfortunately til now! can't do that with Roon, it show's on the Monitor always 2 channel.

6. Nice Monkey

It's a known ROON interface restriction and reported multiple times.
    Does ROON support MCH with other ROON certified devices?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
  7. dieholzblaeser

No, unfortunately there is no Roon certified device that outputs native DSD MCH via HDMI. That's why I hope that Zidoo can make this possible. The people at Roon say Zidoo should be able to solve this. I don't understand enough about it, but I think if a device can output it native via HDMI and then it's also Roon Ready, there should be a feasible solution, right ?? I think if Zidoo Neo can do that, there will be a lot of new buyers for the NEO Alpha!! Because everyone who has a Roon license and wants to listen multi-channel music is waiting for a solution ;-)))without spending 10-thousands of euros for multi-channel DAC's + multi-channel processors and multi-channel power amplifiers.

8. Nice Monkey

Thanks' for confirming this. It is what I suspected. ;)

Indeed a nice opportunity for Zidoo as ROON users typically have more rooms and slightly bigger houses. :D

9. dieholzblaeser

Well then let's go zidoo!!!! make possible what the others can't!!
    Because then are you the best and only one!! and can sell without end ;-))

10. dieholzblaeser

This is my post in the roon community:

Hello again,
    At the other end is a Denon AVR 7200WA. I also asked the question in the Zidoo Forum. The answer was clear, since the device outputs native DSD MCH, the problem is in the internal configuration of Roon for the Neo Alpha. It is logical. If the hardware detection for Roon an roon ready device shows (I am not a programmer, but my mind tells me, that the software recognizes the hardware and not the other way round !!!) so that it also offers 5.1 with the Neo Alpha and not just stereo. But I think that will fail as with the Oppo. That’s really a pity. That would be a really great feature and would certainly make more subscribers or buyers possible for ROON. That is the future, I know the stereo league says something else, let’s imagine, the cinemas would still only offer films in stereo today? How sad that would be. I have e.g. many old quad shots from the 70s Santana, Moody Blues, Pink Floyd etc., if you have heard that and how much better you can hear the individual instruments !! Then stereo is like black and white films - very nice but a bit one-dimensionally over time. Quad did not fail at the time because it was bad quality, but only because of format disputes and the costs, but we should have this time behind us and think of the quality of music.

11. Nice Monkey

I don't understand the off topic OPPO remark. An OPPO plays MCH DSD via HDMI flawless and even offers Analog MCH output concurrently.
    I am very sure as I own one of these too.

12. dieholzblaeser

Yes you are right,me too!!But not via Roon:-((

13. Nice Monkey

OK point taken never was aware that OPPO was ROON ready. Never too old to learn.
    I can't imagine that Roon + Zidoo aren't able make this thing fly. It is all a matter of interfaces and drivers.

It is similar to the gapless playback being advertised but in practice only working for 2CH/Stereo. It is not what is expected. Not a big problem by the way as there is an excellent bypass for that.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
  14. Cupto

Cupto New Member

I have been following this conversation in both forums, Zidoo and Roon. I can’t believe zidoo doesn’t realize the potential here. The Neo would be the ultimate player if they just spent 10 minutes reading Roon documentation and these posts. They are almost there, they have the Roon certification already and have most of the code ready. They are already using RAAT, they just need to enable multichannel. Zidoo can make the dream of thousands of multichannel Roon users reality: An affordable fully capable audio/video experience that work with already existing affordable equipment, killing instantly all competition. But both sides refuse to listen. Shame.

gymnos and Metaman like this.
  15. 100% agree. I wil not buy without this function. With this function it is a 100% buy.