Z9X Remote control layout guide

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Six66Mike, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

Is there a guide available that tell you what the buttons are on a Z9X remote control?

I'm on the Function Keys settings screen, what are the Track Keys and Up/Down? Is this the arrows on the circle around the remote, left/right = track keys and up/down is... Up/Down?

2. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

Second question, can you disable the backlight on the remote? Seems pointless to kill the battery through the daytime using it.

3. SSThing

SSThing Member

Turn the remote over and read the instructions.

4. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

I have no interest about the learning area keys, thus why I didn't mention them in my post.

5. SSThing

SSThing Member

Try reading #4.

Six66Mike likes this.
  6. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

That answers the 2nd question :) Thanks.

Still nothing on the 1st. 5 days still no reply from zidoo service email. *sigh*

SSThing likes this.
  7. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

Bumping for the first question, surely there's a guide explaining all the buttons on the RC somewhere?

8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not that I'm aware of but they're pretty self explanatory.

Screenshot_20221215-182145.png

9. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

Sure for a super user maybe, not for a new user.

I don't see anything on this RC that mentions time or time selection. I'll just assume the circle with arrows in the middle is what up and down keys are since Page is already identified and it probably wouldn't be Volume. How do you change the left/right key behaviour, because the current functionality for it during playback is pretty useless. You can either jump ahead a few seconds or it scans forward several minutes with little control of where you end up.

The manual partially explains what you see on the player (though doesn't go into any detail about the different icons you can see on the LED), and every TV and player I've had has an RC guide. Disappointing this one doesn't.

10. Markswift2003

I'm honestly not seeing the issue here.

The screenshot above is absolutely self explanatory and the remote is literally like every other remote in the world - there are no arcane symbols that require an indepth knowledge of ancient runes to decipher - it's really not super user stuff!!

In what world would Up/Down keys be anything else other than D-Pad up/down???

Left/Right behaviour is exactly what you'd expect - timeline scrubbing. Up/Down can be programmed as above.

Current functionality is not "pretty useless", it's absolutely normal, but it can be easily customised - again as in the screenshot above and again, completely self explanatory.

And if you're really not sure what a button does or a function in the Function Keys menu does, just try it.

DELUCAS and AngryVirginian like this.
  11. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

Left to right functionality is absolutely useless right now, it's too sensitive to be useful.

Where's the Time button?

12. Markswift2003

We'll have to agree to disagree on the left/right - timeline scrubbing works perfectly well for me - it's neither too sensitive nor laggy.

There is no "Time" button.

As per Playback/Function Keys page, you assign number keys 0, 1, 2 or 3 to be the the "Time Selection" key.

upload_2022-12-16_17-47-36.png

Then when you press the assigned button, you get this:

upload_2022-12-16_17-48-44.png

Try it.

Honestly, you're way overthinking this.