X9S how to Downgrade Firmware

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Jean Laurent, Nov 14, 2022.

1. Jean Laurent

Jean Laurent New Member

I have installed firmware 2.1.42 and I have a lot video and audio drop. How do I downgrade to an other version ?
    What version is the best ?
    Thank you

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

peterant likes this.
  3. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

Not a good idea with FW 1.2.3.

It is important to point out that you should not downgrade from a 2.x version to a 1.x version. I used it first time and bricked directly my first X9S.

You should rather downgrade to a 2.x firmware (NOT A 1.x.x FW) for example 2.0.15 or 2.1.1 first, and then update to 2.1.28, which in my opinion is the best version.

The link posted here is old. The recovery process is correct in the description, but I would not flash with the recovery firmware 1.2.3 if I had installed a 2.xx firmware.

Here is a current guide with a current recovery firmware:
    https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/suppor...zeq7k9e[ld]3ulg==/guide_faq/raXr0bxKWKM=.html

Then install the 2.1.28 as an update over it from here, and everything should be fine.

Of course, you do it all at your own risk, but it always worked out that way for me. The tip with the recovery FW 1.2.3 had bricked my first X9S, after that with FW 2.1.1 I never had it again.

peterant likes this.
  4. Jean Laurent

Jean Laurent New Member

Thank you very much for the advice

5. Jean Laurent

Jean Laurent New Member

what about my library ? will it be erase ?

6. Jean Laurent

Jean Laurent New Member

I downloaded "OTA-ZIDOO_X9S-v2.0.15-201803082053.zip"
    I unzipped the file and then rename the unzipped folder "install.img" and follow the procedure with a USB drive formated in FAT32 ? is that correct ?

7. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

Of Course, yes. Recovery Firmware will erase all your data. I Only Use Mediacenter and nothing else example like Kodi, so this is no problem for me.

8. Jean Laurent

Jean Laurent New Member

Flashing went good thank you for your help...

peterant likes this.
  9. peterant

peterant New Member

I have also tried the procedure and i can say that finaly i solved the problems with the Audio streaming in movies (No TrueHD Atmos)...Now i can play Atmos, with kodi reccomendation audio settings, without any problem. Thanks both of you !